Quick Maf ?

2004mmmach1

On The Road Course
Established Member
I have a 96 cobra and Im about ready to put the d1-sc but I have a couple questions about maf sensors like which 1 should I go with ? Whats better draw threw or blow threw ? I talked to procharger a they said I could go with the stock maf but only good for like 10psi they also said go with an '01 Lightning meter or andersorson ford motorsport but there website dosent work... What should I do ? Where should I buy 1?:shrug:

SpittingCobra

Established Member
1st things first...
DON'T LISTEN TO PROCHARGER ABOUT TUNING!

They know about there products and their kits, but above and beyond the stock kits, they will most likely mislead you.

Don't use the stock MAF.

Don't waste your time or money on the Lightning MAF, it will peg out.

Neither will work, especially with a D1SC.

Don't waste your money on the extender.

Don't be concerned with the 90mm MAF, what maters most on a blow through MAF is the range of the sensor inside the housing.

Just simplify the whole thing and get an SCT "Big air" meter.

I have the SCT BA 2600.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

riored94cobra

Established Member
The sct MAFs are GREAT units. If you have questions about which one to buy, call SCT. I am willing to bet, they will help you choose the best one for your application.

I'm trying to sell one right now in the market forums. I might have a buyer already though. Check it out:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-256/548723-fs-sct-ba-3000-maf-sensor.html

I agree with spittingcobra, to simplify everything just get a big air meter. Most likely you'll never have to buy another.

SLOWNED

Established Member
I have a sct ba5000 and harness for sale. Its designed for blow through set ups. I was going to use it, but my plans have changed. PM me if youre interested.

Users who are viewing this thread