Quick kill & saved a SHO

TK94Bird

whoopin some ass
Established Member
Out for a late season cruise last nite and sitting at a lite a SHO pulls up to me and revs. Didnt think anything of it and he revs again. So i blip the throttle loudly and watch his passengers eyes light up, quick discussion between the 2 (thinking the passenger telling him its a 8 not a 6) but alas he revs again. I'm just about tired of this now so i decided to throw a 10 foot stream of purge his way, they looked shocked and stopped the revving :) Well i know its only an intimidation kill but its the best ive had in quite a while :) Now the good part, while at work today guess who comes in ? yea its the SHO. Says he saw my car parked by the street and thought he would stop in (i work at Schucks auto supply). Well this kid is about 18, hat pitched, you know the drill. I take a break and go out to look at his ride too and he is talking lots of smack. He thought it would be a good race since he is running 13's but he figured my nawwws would let me beat him. Anyhow to shorten this up he has NO air filter and a tube of dryer duct running thru the airbox, and down to the front airdam where a grill insert used to be (told me it gave him at least 30 hp cause he could smoke tires in 2nd now). He also had no cat and duel fart mufflers out back. Well after 40 minutes or so of explaining ram air physics, backpreassure, and general good taste, he left with a K&N air filter, Hooker aero chamber muffler, and 2 three foot chunks of chrome tailpipe to replace the fart cans. Maybe not the best day at work but i do hope i have reached this young man in time to save him and what will be a rather nice SHO :)

Sorry so long

SonterraSVT

10thAnniversary SVT Cobra
Established Member
That was nice of you!

"I'm just about tired of this now so i decided to throw a 10 foot stream of purge his way..."

LOL, that’s hilarious!

Poiznus

Super Cool SVT Poster
Established Member
You did a great thing! Some intake cleaner would have been another great idea to pass onto him........... I hate fart cans!! Seen an SS with dual farts the other day. That was a major disappointment. :xpl:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
next time you see him, please smack the ever living shit out of him. BTW Nice kill

I'd tell ya about my race with an LT1 Camaro, but for some reason, none you gm guys believe'em :p

TK94Bird

whoopin some ass
Established Member
I'd tell ya about my race with an LT1 Camaro, but for some reason, none you gm guys believe'em

Try me Stabler. Unfortunately to say i know there are some real POS camaro's and Firebirds running around with some real winners behind the wheel. Its an unfortunate situation that seems its not brand specific, its a disease that hits us domestics too.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
its not just my story, its quite a bit of us SHOguys stories ;-). Don't get me wrong, from a roll, we are dead by the LT1s. From a roll, its a different story. In my experience, I stayed door to door with a Z28 LT1, don't know if it was auto or man. From about 50-120. Another buddy of mine with a 93 MTX SHO (he also owns a 95? Firehawk) says he always pulls an LT1 Camaro/Firebird from a roll. ;-)

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Originally posted by RTStabler51
its not just my story, its quite a bit of us SHOguys stories ;-). Don't get me wrong, from a roll, we are dead by the LT1s. From a roll, its a different story. In my experience, I stayed door to door with a Z28 LT1, don't know if it was auto or man. From about 50-120. Another buddy of mine with a 93 MTX SHO (he also owns a 95? Firehawk) says he always pulls an LT1 Camaro/Firebird from a roll. ;-)

Torque!

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
why is it a 'ricer'?

Originally posted by Anti Ricer
Thank you for your contribution. Your good deed of reducing "ricer trash" will not go unoticed! :thumbsup:

TK94Bird

whoopin some ass
Established Member
Actually it wasnt really riced other then the fart pipes. There were no gawdy stickers or anything like that. It was clean in and out, underhood looked very nice and it ran like a champ. He just needed to realize that no air cleaner was bad news, the fact that a dryer duct into the front facia was not ram air and although the concept was good it was not functional for him. Told him to put in the filter and if he wanted to keep the tube routing for cold air that could be a positive benefit. The fart pipes sounded like ass and looked the same. Convinced him to sell em to some honda owners and just put on a good hi flow muffler and some duel chrome tips that dont stick out. Hoping to see the car again, should look and sound a lot better.

LS1 Guy

Established Member
Originally posted by TK94Bird
Actually it wasnt really riced other then the fart pipes. There were no gawdy stickers or anything like that. It was clean in and out, underhood looked very nice and it ran like a champ. He just needed to realize that no air cleaner was bad news, the fact that a dryer duct into the front facia was not ram air and although the concept was good it was not functional for him. Told him to put in the filter and if he wanted to keep the tube routing for cold air that could be a positive benefit. The fart pipes sounded like ass and looked the same. Convinced him to sell em to some honda owners and just put on a good hi flow muffler and some duel chrome tips that dont stick out. Hoping to see the car again, should look and sound a lot better.

I stand corrected. Good job helping him out. :beer:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
I don't see anything wrong with fart cans. They're just signaling us for a kill.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Lower displacement engines require fart cans for us to notice them. That way, they can call us out...I see no problems with that.

SteedaSVT

Established Member
That kid sounds like my friend.. Hes got a 92 SHO and he goes around town trying to race anything in the world.

Then he runs his mouth about how his SHO is faster than my SVT. And he knows that i Have a 95 SHO sitting in the garage with a blown engine that would kill him if it ran. Its becuase of me he likes SHO's but he runs his mouth too much.

Good Job on getting rid of the Fart Can on that kids car.

Users who are viewing this thread