quick gear question

damon94

Established Member
how much should the 373 gears cost me and how much should i pay someone to put them in. Ive never changed anything like this before any help is appreciated.

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
install shouldn't be no more than 250, now the gears just depends on which brand you buy and also you need a bearing kit.

RSH427R

Established Member
I just priced this at a local shop. 499 installed. They wouldn't fix the speedo for that price though. He told me I didn't want to know what they charge for that.:shrug: I think the same as getting a custom tune.

LEESTOYSTANG

Established Member
Artsperformanceparts.com
Talk to Art tell him Lee sent you.. Original FRPP Gears $135 shipped. As far as install I would just shop around and get pricing.. Remember cheaper $$ is not always the best install.. FYI I did not buy a new bearing kit and my Ford tech said I did not need it.. Just my $.02

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Original FRPP Gears $135 shipped. As far as install I would just shop around and get pricing.. Remember cheaper $$ is not always the best install.. FYI I did not buy a new bearing kit and my Ford tech said I did not need it.. Just my $.02

same here, i paid that for my gears and did not need a bearing kit, car only had less than 1k on it

Daddys GT500

Established Member
Only get FRPP Gears...period!

2nd you really only need a bearing kit, if you have maybe more than 10k miles on your car.

3rd Have someone do it, who has plenty of experience.

Gear whine sucks....takes away from the blower whine :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread