Quick exhaust question..

red89stanggt

Established Member
Hi!

I bought a MAC o/r X pipe off my friend who was going to put it on his 98 GT, but sold it before he could.. Now my questions is, will it fit on my 96 Cobra? Are the flanges the same, etc.. The one has a ball and cup style where the other has a flat flange.. Help me out, id like to put this on..

Jon

Svets96

Established Member
no, because our blocks(4v) are wider then the 2v. If I were you I would sell it on ebay to get some quick money. Hope this helps, let us know what happens.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
ditto from above. dont buy mac. I have a catted H on my car with longtubes and it hangs down real low. And Ive still got the stock suspension. Buy a dr gas, their real nice.

red89stanggt

Established Member
Ok, but on their website it doesnt even list anything for the 4v motor, it just says "1996 - 1998 Mustang Shortie Header Crossover System MU96 $259.95 ".. Is that the one that I want?

Svets96

Established Member
just a question, do the bassani hi-flow cats rattle and fall apart inside at all? anybody?

1QIK-SNK

Established Member
some poeple have had trouble with theres. i have not had any trouble at all with mine. they have been on since 1999 and about 25k miles.
i have noticed that my cats are alot bigger then some of the one other people has had from bassani.

red89stanggt

Established Member
I havent contacted him yet.. I think I'm just gonna hold off untill I get a set of longtubes and a short x pipe... Rather than just slapping it together now, ill just wait a bit and do it right..

Thanks anyway!

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
you'll at least have to reposition the tranny crossmember brace on the pipe, our tranny has a different tail section with mounts in a different place. bassani used to have problems with their cats, supplier sucked, but they have the new metal matrix cats, get those, they flow really really well.

Users who are viewing this thread