Quick/easy HP mods

QuikHD

Established Member
I've read a lot of the stickies and been reading a bunch of other theads.

I picked up this car over the weekend, its a very low mile 03 vert (2k miles) and I would like to do some quick basic mods. I dont want to modify the car to the extent that it will lose value as a low mile mint condition car. I want stuff that can very easily be swapped back. No cutting, no hacking, no half ass home brew mods.

I'd like to gain about 100hp and would like some recommendations.

I just picked up a Bassani X pipe with high flow cats and straight pipes, currently the car has a Borla exhaust, but I am also picking up a Flowmaster cat back to experiement with different combos to get a sound I like.

Current mods to the car as of righ now. Borla cat back, Pro 5.0 shifter, K&N filter. I have in a box from the previous owner a blower snout and pully, the snout says Eaton on it, any clue what it is? I was told it may be off a lightning?

cobra_mer

Established Member
All the suggestions already made are the only things you really nead for 100hp. 2.76 pulley, cai, exhaust, tune; wam easily 450-470rwhp. Going beyond that There are many different routes porting eaton, whipple, kenne bell, turbo(s) etc; although if you are trying to keep it stock, turbo's would be a harder route to accomplish that since custom piping may interfere with your stockish plan.

The majority of the upgrades you can do are easily changed back to stock as most require just turning bolts, no cutting hacking whatsoever; even blower upgrades really only require turning a wrench or two. For the most part the upgrades that will take you well into 600+ available are "Plug n Play" so to speak.

the blower snout may be from a lightning or an extra off a cobra eaton hard to tell from this side of the pc, try comparing it to your eaton snout see if they are identical in dimensions, etc.

If you need any ideas or kind of a price of what it takes to get to what power lvls send me a pm i am more than happy to break things down for you as I went through stock -> 450hp year -> 575hp year -> 688hp. Hope this helps :beer:

QuikHD

Established Member
All the suggestions already made are the only things you really nead for 100hp. 2.76 pulley, cai, exhaust, tune; wam easily 450-470rwhp. Going beyond that There are many different routes porting eaton, whipple, kenne bell, turbo(s) etc; although if you are trying to keep it stock, turbo's would be a harder route to accomplish that since custom piping may interfere with your stockish plan.

The majority of the upgrades you can do are easily changed back to stock as most require just turning bolts, no cutting hacking whatsoever; even blower upgrades really only require turning a wrench or two. For the most part the upgrades that will take you well into 600+ available are "Plug n Play" so to speak.

the blower snout may be from a lightning or an extra off a cobra eaton hard to tell from this side of the pc, try comparing it to your eaton snout see if they are identical in dimensions, etc.

If you need any ideas or kind of a price of what it takes to get to what power lvls send me a pm i am more than happy to break things down for you as I went through stock -> 450hp year -> 575hp year -> 688hp. Hope this helps :beer:

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback with info! I'm a member on other types of forums and know about the threads that ask the same question over and over a million times. When you are new to a forum, information overload tends to make everything kinda blur together and makes it hard to come up with a good plan.

Thanks again for your help!

Crusher9008

Established Member
I'd go straight to a ported eaton and the supporting mods. Most important being good tires and lots of them :)

Good advise here, dont ever forget the "supporting mod" part, look at suspension and tires should be up there for your first mod

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

mach1033

Established Member
Good advise here, dont ever forget the "supporting mod" part, look at suspension and tires should be up there for your first mod

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

+1. Your gonna need full sub frames for your car. I dont know of anyone that would turn down a car because of those. You will also need some sticky R compound tires cause you will be hopping real bad with street tires. I would also strongly suggest some Full tilt boogie bushings but that is expensive and I dont know of anyone that would turn down a car because of that mod either but who knows :shrug:

QuikHD

Established Member
Ive got Nitto 555's coming, hopefully they hook better than the OEM Goodyears. What subframe connectors are you guys running on the verts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QuikHD

Established Member
Do the convertibles come with them from the factory? The car looks like it already has subframe connectors on it.

zeusha

Established Member
Do the convertibles come with them from the factory? The car looks like it already has subframe connectors on it.

They aren't really good. They suck and are easily bendable if you take them off and set them next to an aftermarket set is a HUGE difference. I had to get spintech stepped connectors cause I'm running side exit exhaust on my vert. I already told ya last posting same thing. You changed the shifter so thats good. So again I will tell you, the heads dont have equal cooling a head cooling mod is a must! Its not a hack mod its important to the survival of your engine. The PPRV delete is a must, the car almost SUCKED ASS!!! under WOT when I first got it cause of this delay. So 1 more time ... 2.8 Pulley with the 100mm idler to keep belt from slip, CAI, and tune it. Suddenly you will have your 100hp and your engine will survive under heavy driving for the most part ... :rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread