Quick Cluth Pedal Question...

Squabbin

Established Member
I just got my car inspected and after leaving the station it feels as though their is a little jiggle or play at the very top of the pedal that wasnt there before. Probably the first inch of the clutch feels to be loose now where as it was firm right before it took it into the state inspection station. Is this normal or a common issue? Can it be adjusted or is it nothing to worry about? The car is an 04' Cobra with an intake and a catback.

SpectorV

Established Member
you can force an adjustment if pulling under the bottom with your foot and pushing it in and letting out slowly.

You can push in the clutch with one hand and grab the quadrent with the other, ease out the clutch as you keep tension on the quadrent, pull it back and down as the clutch petal goes out, sure the quadrent must move, just keep pressure on it. It will click and take up the adjustment, its a pita to get to but it works.

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
Squabbin said:
I just got my car inspected and after leaving the station it feels as though their is a little jiggle or play at the very top of the pedal that wasnt there before. Probably the first inch of the clutch feels to be loose now where as it was firm right before it took it into the state inspection station. Is this normal or a common issue? Can it be adjusted or is it nothing to worry about? The car is an 04' Cobra with an intake and a catback.
Do you have an aftermarket F/A or clutch quadrant??? :??:

SpectorV

Established Member
9 times out of 10 they wont self adjust good enough, mine wouldnt even come close and it had MASSIVE slack. I had to make it adjust, the same way its supposed to stock... but doesnt. You just have to hold the quadrent as I stated above and it easy.

Hye

Established Member
I have this same problem too. The top of the clutch travel has that little slack, kinda annoying.

I have a fiore clutch quadrant and adjuster, I'm sure I can fix it but I dont want to screw anything up.

I tried pulling up on the clutch with my hand, it was fine for five seconds till I went to push the clutch back in again with my foot and it was back to that slacky feeling at the top.

astippich

Established Member
LDC clutch freeplay kit works great and gets rid of the dead spot up top of the clutch travel.

SpectorV

Established Member
mine stays adjusted perfect when I make it adjust (have to get down under th dash to do it) but if you shift fast it will unadjust

Hye

Established Member
astippich said:
LDC clutch freeplay kit works great and gets rid of the dead spot up top of the clutch travel.

I had a feeling this is what I needed to get rid of that dead fish feel to the pedal...what's the install like on this mod?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Hye06 said:
I had a feeling this is what I needed to get rid of that dead fish feel to the pedal...what's the install like on this mod?
The install is very easy. In fact, it will probably take longer to jack the car up than to install the mod.
You remove the cover on the side of the bell housing to expose the cable end. Disengage the cable from the clutch fork, slide the parts onto the cable and then reinstall the cable to the fork. Replace the cover and you are done. That's all there is to the install, but you should actually check the clutch adjustment while you are down there and that would take a few more minutes.

Taking some tension off the cable by loosening the adjuster makes the install easier, but it isn't required.

Dana

Edit: This kit is made to work with aftermarket adjusters and quadrants, not the factory pieces. It can be installed with them but will not have the desired effect.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread