Quick Answer Needed, Please...about IRS bushings install

Fanged03

Established Member
Started installing Nick's bushing kit today. I removed that tacked welded washer, like the MM instructions say, and there is plenty of room for the crush sleeve. Is that right? I test fit the lower control arm in place and it doesn't seem like i should have to straighten out the tabs. I didn't tighten it down just set it in there and eyeballed everything and it looked like it would be ok. I need specifics in this area please. I've planned out this install and researched it for a month or two and it has gone smoothly so far, just time consuming. Basically doing everything by myself, unless its heavylifting then my dad helps.

Thanks guys
Brent

whitey03

Established Member
Just be sure to grind down and smooth out the tack welds. As for the ear tabs, just take the crush sleeve and move it around in a circular motion between them. If you don't touch either side, you should be good to go.

Fanged03

Established Member
Thanks whitey, your tool worked like a charm. I just welded a piece of 1/4" steel on the backside of the cup after flatting out where it was caved in. I was just worried about the straightening part since everyone always complains about and it seems like I don't even need to do it. On the tab that gets the tack welded washer wacked off that gap is prolly 1/8" larger than the crush sleeve. I'm assuming the one tab will just get sucked in by the bolt?

Thanks
Brent

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Well, I had almost no problems straightening my tabs, little persuasion from a BFH and the bushing assembly slid in nice. Good luck Fanged

Whitey, what the hell is your avatar pic, been driving me nuts for months. some kinda blurry truck er something?????????

whitey03

Established Member
postban said:
Whitey, what the hell is your avatar pic, been driving me nuts for months. some kinda blurry truck er something?????????

LOL, its a police cruiser. It screwed up during the server change and I'm too lazy to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread