Quic Shocks/Struts Question?

ghadab

Established Member
hi guys

I bought eibach pro- lowering springs that i want to install on my 97 mustang cobra, and i want to change my old OEM shocks/struts:

So what do you guys advice me to buy ?

NOTE: the car is for street use, street race and occasional trackdays, sprint & auto-x

please advise

RickwithCobra

Established Member
i just ordered a set of koni yellow adjustable. I have done research for the last week, and have not found any cons with the konis

ghadab

Established Member
guys thanks for your reply .

i would like to clarify something from you guys these shocks you suggeted will replace the OEM ones but NOT a coilover conversion right> ???

(because i don't want a coilover conversion shocks/struts)

thanks

ghadab

Established Member
guys thanks for your reply .

i would like to clarify something from you guys these shocks you suggeted will replace the OEM ones but NOT a coilover conversion right> ???

(because i don't want a coilover conversion shocks/struts)

thanks

bump

Karnick_GT

Working on my tan...
Established Member
everyone has listed good options, I went with Bullitt shocks and struts from Ford which turned out to be Tokico Blacks, added that to eibach springs, and I didn't need cc plates

Last edited:

96S/Cobra

Established Member
Everyone has great suggestions so far. I went with Strange 10 way adjustable shocks/struts on my car w/Steeda lowering springs. At the time I purchased mine I got them through Summit because they were cheape than anyone else. Also, becuase you will be lowering your car, make sure you get the Fox length shocks/struts. They are just a tad shorter than the SN95 length and will definately work the best for you with a lowered suspension.

Good luck :beer:

LGSCHMIDTJR

Established Member
i just ordered a set of koni yellow adjustable. I have done research for the last week, and have not found any cons with the konis

Rick
how do you like the Koni's so far and what vendor did you buy from? Furthormore, what springs are you using?

I have the 95R springs, not installed yet, and before I install them I will need shocks and struts for the heavier spring rate. I was thinking Bilsteins also.

Laurence

Users who are viewing this thread