Questoin

iliveanddie

Established Member
So a friend of mine recieved a pretty bad speeding ticket this morning. Anyways the ticket got a few questions brought to my attention, just because he got one and i was wondering if there is a good website at which i could read the rules of VA on, so that i could better understand the severity of different tickets. I tried google but kept getting court cases as examples on lawyers websites.

I have heard 20 over is reckless, and that 30 over is something like intent to kill and you can be arrested on the spot for?

Any help on my little search would be appriciated.

jshen

Established Member
One of the few perks...is web based LexisNexis legal research........Adam, I hope you have access to it- It will make your research so easy. Wish I had this back in my law school days..............

iliveanddie

Established Member
jshen said:
One of the few perks...is web based LexisNexis legal research........Adam, I hope you have access to it- It will make your research so easy. Wish I had this back in my law school days..............
I am going to assume you were talking to me, though my name isn't adam but thats okay, I have mentioned it. And no i don't have access i am a senior in high school just doing a little research based on a friends infraction. Learning the rules before i can get my own car. Estimated time of arrival 4 years...thats to long...:cuss: but got to work hard to enjoy it right.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
jshen said:

I have a full Lexis and full Westlaw Acct, including the Shepardizing function. I love it. I prefer Westlaw though.

Trill Gear Head

Established Member
iliveanddie said:
So a friend of mine recieved a pretty bad speeding ticket this morning. Anyways the ticket got a few questions brought to my attention, just because he got one and i was wondering if there is a good website at which i could read the rules of VA on, so that i could better understand the severity of different tickets. I tried google but kept getting court cases as examples on lawyers websites.

I have heard 20 over is reckless, and that 30 over is something like intent to kill and you can be arrested on the spot for?

Any help on my little search would be appriciated.

You are correct, in VA 20 over is reckless and as for intent to kill that is anything above 100mph.

If your friend got written up for reckless driving tell him to get a lawyer, because reckless driving is a misdemeanor and depending on your friends driving record can really screw him in the arse.

jshen

Established Member
Shepardizing function

FordSVTFan said:
I have a full Lexis and full Westlaw Acct, including the Shepardizing function. I love it. I prefer Westlaw though.

Truly a "modern marvel"..

Users who are viewing this thread