questions with new afs wheels and bfg 315 dr's

ous2418

Established Member
ok i just last night put on a set of 18" afs chrome 03-04 cobra wheels with bfg 255's up front and bfg 315 dr's in rear. they look great!! my car is a solid axle with hr springs.
here is my problem on the highway and some country roads car wants to dart one way or another. ive had nitto 315's on several other cars but never bfg's. im uncertain if car needs realigned or this is normal for the bfg's??
any input would be great!!!

Jroc

Established Member
Wide tires tend to want to follow grooves or imperfections in the road. I had this problem on my 99 GT, and even a little on my Cobra. Still my Cobras nowhere near as bad as my GT with slightly smaller tires was. Might have something to do with the IRS vs the Straight axle.

Do you have this problem on flat, smooth roads?

BTW are you running wheelspacers or anything? If so are the Hubcentric?

Last edited:

ous2418

Established Member
Wide tires tend to want to follow grooves or imperfections in the road. I had this problem on my 99 GT, and even a little on my Cobra. Still my Cobras nowhere near as bad as my GT with slightly smaller tires was. Might have something to do with the IRS vs the Straight axle.

Do you have this problem on flat, smooth roads?

BTW are you running wheelspacers or anything? If so are the Hubcentric?

yes, its on the more smooth roads. ive had nittos in the past and didnt have this problem. also had 18's bfgs 255 fronts and 295's in rear right before the swap and no issues. only since adding these new afs wheels and bfg 315's that this is happening. and no wheel spacers on car its a solid axle tires fit great.

Users who are viewing this thread