questions on how to get a car title in Georgia

blown88gt

Established Member
I found me a nice little car that was good on gas. Well I did not have the money so I paid half and he gave me car to get out his yard, and I was to pay the rest. Well I had some crap come up with my ex and she got me into some trouble with credit people. I contacted him and he got all upset saying he thought I was trying to screw him. I assured him that was not the case and I got the money apologized and paid him in full.

Well he was at work when I paid him the final amount and said he did not have title on him. My friend (who refuses to get in middle) works with him and witnessed it. The guy said he would give my friend the title. Well now it is supposedly lost and he can't find it. All I have is a bill of sale and I can not get it taged. He is being an assmunch about it and is dragin his feet about getting a replacement title.

I wanted to know what I could do to get it myself or presuade him to get it for me.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Yeah 85 is the cut off. You might be able to get a salvage title from Alabama. There is a company that will get them for you. Seems like the cut off for them is 89-90 I think but I could be wrong. Of course then you would have a salvage title which would hurt resale but if it is a beater you might not care.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Houston County. Go to the Magistrate Court. Spend $46 buck and sue him for breach of contract. When the deputies serve the papers on him he might get motivated. A hearing would be held within a couple of months. (That is fast as far as the legal system goes.) Subpoena your friend to court, then he has no choice but to testify.

Or spend some big bucks and bring me along to really kick the sh!t out of the guy.

black96snake

Established Member
You have a bill of sale, and he "lost" the tile. He needs to file for a duplicate title. It costs 15 bucks here in AL. I would go to the local court house get the duplicate title application, go to his work and have him fill it out You may know all the info yourself, but I think that he'll have to sign anyway. Send it off with a money order and the title should arrive in 1 month to 5 years depending on how slow the Ga system is.

Good luck.

blown88gt

Established Member
esqeddy said:
Houston County. Go to the Magistrate Court. Spend $46 buck and sue him for breach of contract. When the deputies serve the papers on him he might get motivated. A hearing would be held within a couple of months. (That is fast as far as the legal system goes.) Subpoena your friend to court, then he has no choice but to testify.

Or spend some big bucks and bring me along to really kick the sh!t out of the guy.

He is in Spalding county do I need to go there or not. I offered to go with him and pay for duplicate title and everything he is just being an ass cause we have a few disagreements.

I would so love to scared the shit out of him esqeddy but I am a single dad with 2 kids and I am pretty much broke.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
blown88gt said:
He is in Spalding county do I need to go there or not. I offered to go with him and pay for duplicate title and everything he is just being an ass cause we have a few disagreements.

I would so love to scared the shit out of him esqeddy but I am a single dad with 2 kids and I am pretty much broke.

You will have to sue him in the county of his residence. If he lives in Spalding County, then that is the place. Go talk to the Magistreate Judge. Sue for the price of the vehicle. If you can't tag the car, what good is it? Tell the judge the guy can have the car back and that you want you money, plus the court costs. I bet the guy shakes his ass loose to get a replacement title. I understand broke. That is why the Magistrate Court is the perfect approach. It won't cost you much $$ and may solve your problem.

Users who are viewing this thread