Questions on CAI for SVT

Beato

Ok - New Here....

Gotta question....I got a '04 SVT and want to get an intake for it. I have read in some other forums that AEM have some problems with the o2 sensor, but really haven't heard anything about Steeda....Any recomendations?

Another quick question.....

Is there a signifigant difference between the Cold Air Intake and the Short Ram ?

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
Love the AEM cold air except for the proximity to the ground(rain, ice, dirt, etc). The short ram would be my choice now. Cheaper too. There's only a few horses to find in an intake for the SVT, so find one you like to look at, listen too, and install. AEM quality is second to none, and I like thier tech guys. I've had no problems except the filter being way too close to the ground for my particular climate. E-

H82BEU

Established Member
I second all of that. I have heard of a lot of people sucking water up in the intake. So I would suggest going with a short ram. I would just get the Steeda one. It is the best bang for your buck. Unless you can find a good deal on a nice used one on ebay. The stock intake with a K&N filter and the silencer removed is a good setup. I ran with this for several months until I got a screamin deal on my AEM.

ORANGECRATE

Established Member
so far i have had no problem with my AEM CAI on my 03, now the car is not daily driven now but it was last summer and i had no incident's with the low hanging filter. i did buy a shield from myfordperformance.com made for the cai for the focus and that seem to help i guess, added insurance just in case.

Spoyldrotn

SVT Poster
Established Member
They also sell a special valve to prevent water from being sucked up in the intake. Elliot's right on about the location of the AEM CAI. The filter tends to get dirty very quickly due to it's location in front of the driver's side wheel well.

JrNe-SvT-02

SvT RaCeR
Established Member
how mucho does your shield costs ?? because i want to put the AEM CAI but in mexico rains a lot and im afraid that the CAI suck water from the ground.. ..
where can i found that shield? and does the bypass valve help me with this problem of my city ( a lot of water)??

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
Yep, get the bypass valve from AEM, and the sheild is at Advance Auto for about $9. Got me through several messy New England winters. E-

Users who are viewing this thread