Questions on a new setup for a new car from a newb. Thanks.

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
I just got my Shelby 2 weeks ago. 07 Black Vert w/Stripe Deletes Red 2-tone interior w/ 2200 miles bone stock #659. Getting things in-line with a small build in the foreseeable future. Nothing crazy, just bolt on's, tune, suspension and brakes.

Determining on rim and tire setup us driving me nuts though. I think I have it narrowed down to Shelby CS40's (I know pretty common wheel) black w/ machined face. Nitto 555's up front (255X20X35) and the DR NT05's (315X20X35) out back.

Since I am a novice to these Shelby's (Coming from a well built Terminator) my questions are as follows:

-Will I have clearance issues with the Eibach Pro-Kit spring setup?

-I am used to a 17X10.5 rim on 315's, will this NT05 315 sit on a 20X10 wheel?

-Will I need to do struts and shocks with the Eibach setup? (I did on my Terminator Tokico setup)

-What do you guys think about the gear? Bone stock it seems pretty sluggish until higher RPM's? Good feedback on a 3:55? Or will the normal bolt on's wake it up enough to make it raw....? (I will only be road coarse and spirited street driving)

-These Shelby's are embarrassingly quite from the factory. I will be doing a Mid-Pipe all the way back... Which exhaust wakes these up? My full Bassani setup on the Terminator was perfect. High-flow cats or no cats? I am looking for a pretty loud setup.

Other then that my build will include:

Intake/Pulley/Tune/Heat Ex/T-stat/ maybe a gear..?/ Exhaust

Please feel free to answer these as simple as possible. I realize exhaust setup is personal taste but let me know what your running or just a common loud one!

Pics still to come... Been super busy working and building my Bank Account back up from the recent purchase.

Thanks fellas!

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
The eibachs will give you a nice stance with an 18,19 or 20" wheel.

With the eibachs shocks/struts are recommended but not needed.
Koni yellows or the tokicos work great

I have the eibach coil overs with 19x11's and a 295 soon to be 305 tire and no clearance issues
(the bump stop bracket can be removed for added clearance)

I went with a bigger blower and the 3.31's were very sluggish up top. I went with a 3.55 and am very happy. If you go with a taller tire you might want 3.73's

As for exhaust I have a custom o/r H pipe with 3" JBA cat back and love the sound. Loud and aggressive. One of the better setups I have heard.

If you haven't realized yet Van @ Revan racing has by far the best customer service and it a dream to deal with. I would start looking there for mods.

Feel free to give him a shout to talk through your plans with the car and he will steer you in the right direction

gtcs07

Established Member
Everything that man said is true!

I have 3.31s but ill agree they are to high even at my power level ill be jumping to 3,73s

I cant give you much on the exhaust as im running longtubes

only thing ill say is im running a 315/35/20 on an 11 inch rim and its a nice fit so im not sure on a 10

As for struts and shocks you will be happy if you do go with something better. Im running the performance pack dampners from the 11+ gt500s with my frpp springs and they were a great upgrade from the stockers.

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

I just got my Shelby 2 weeks ago. 07 Black Vert w/Stripe Deletes Red 2-tone interior w/ 2200 miles bone stock #659. Getting things in-line with a small build in the foreseeable future. Nothing crazy, just bolt on's, tune, suspension and brakes.

Determining on rim and tire setup us driving me nuts though. I think I have it narrowed down to Shelby CS40's (I know pretty common wheel) black w/ machined face. Nitto 555's up front (255X20X35) and the DR NT05's (315X20X35) out back.

Since I am a novice to these Shelby's (Coming from a well built Terminator) my questions are as follows:

-Will I need to do struts and shocks with the Eibach setup? (I did on my Terminator Tokico setup)

-What do you guys think about the gear? Bone stock it seems pretty sluggish until higher RPM's? Good feedback on a 3:55? Or will the normal bolt on's wake it up enough to make it raw....? (I will only be road coarse and spirited street driving)

-These Shelby's are embarrassingly quite from the factory. I will be doing a Mid-Pipe all the way back... Which exhaust wakes these up? My full Bassani setup on the Terminator was perfect. High-flow cats or no cats? I am looking for a pretty loud setup.

Please feel free to answer these as simple as possible. I realize exhaust setup is personal taste but let me know what your running or just a common loud one!

Pics still to come... Been super busy working and building my Bank Account back up from the recent purchase.

Thanks fellas!

I love working with guys like you on these low mile original Shelby's.

Best part is my test and R&D car was a 2007 and I tried everything and basically specialize in GT500.

Give me a call at your convenience and we can go through the list and set up a plan so none of your hard earned dollars are wasted on something you don't need.

Van

Rygy04

SVT
Established Member
Awesome.

Great responses and I will def. be calling Van within a month to get some stuff on paper.

I can't wait to make this baby purr.

Any other inputs on the exhaust and wheel/tire setup would be appreciated.

My father runs a full JBA setup on his 06 GT and it sounds really good. Not loud enough yet but he has shorty's.

Thanks.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member

Thanks fellas!

The Pro Kit may give you problems with the 315/35's since its a taller tire, some folks are good and some not.... I run the 315/30's lowered with zero issues...

Re: Gears- I would go to 3:73's and forget about the 55's. So much easier to drive and they work great on a road course!

As for the exhaust... try this thread for some options---
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/svt-shelby-gt500-150/607533-gt500-exhaust-sound-board.html

I'm on my 13th set-up so sometimes it takes a bit to get content.... When I ran manifolds I was happy with the FRPP 5GT's and OEM cats. Then I did the H Pipe and KR muffs... None were crazy loud but women and children would jump out of the way......lol... Headers change EVERYTHING though!

Good luck with the new toy and yes Van is the man and will steer you straight!!!

Users who are viewing this thread