questions on 01-04 mustang gt's......

91frppgt

Banned
at the end of this year i'm gonna be looking to purchase a 01-04 gt... i mainly want a 01-04 because i like the hood scoop and the blacked out front lights...
is there any problems with these years? anything I should look for? i want a auto, cause my last 7 mustangs have been 5 spd. average miles, nothing over 50-60k...whats the idea price for a nice loaded 01-04 gt, thats in good shape? dealerships seem to want about 16-17k and private sellers around 11-14k......

thanks

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
I'm not too sure about prices but those seem about right. No problems with those years, just look for the normal stuff when looking for a car.

Last edited:

JSpeed

Degenerate Speeder
Established Member
tons of problems with the 3650 manual transmissions. If you are looking for a auto then there is no issue.

JoeyD Boosted

Deep Reflection
Established Member
great cars... I have a premium 04 GT (love it)
quite a few things done to it, very fun.
Auto, with a high stall converter on it, loves the track.

however the smoked front lights were only in 03-04
I rec 03-04 they have small details that look much nicer... (side scoops are straight and look WAAAAY better, wing in back is better, hood, smoked front lights... and little other things...

stellar591

BlackChrome Saleens FTMFW
Established Member
The inside housing of the 99-00 headlights was chrome, whereas the 01-04 housing is black inside. Looks much better. I don't know about the 03-04 headlights being smoked.

JoeyD Boosted

Deep Reflection
Established Member
^yeah that is what I mean... black inside, instead of chrome.

I thought it was just 03-04... but yeah started in 01 I see...
so did the scoop hood.

Users who are viewing this thread