Questions of Doing a Burnout

KOOY

Established Member
Just finished reading the FAQs and got two newbie questions. Why do I need to keep the RPMs constant throughtout the burnout? How does a burnout work mechanically?

BTW, the FAQs is such a great work by those dedicated guys. thank you all..

p.s. What can be done to the the car if performed unproperly? What are the potential damages to be done? Thank you... guys.. :read: :beer:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
im guessing youve never done a burnout in a maual car before? it might take some pratice but its pretty easy. im not sure what the FAQ states but just dont floor it and bang off the limiter in a burnout. i know some who do that.....and dont hit the brakes too hard, just enough to hold the car

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Line locs aren't a bad idea if you hit the strips often. Will save the rear brake and rotor life some. i.e. it locks up the front brakes and let's the rears roll free for the burnout.

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
Your rear differential is a trak-loc, Fords limited slip differential. It has clutches in it. Every time you let the RPMs fall it unlocks and when they rise you cause the unit to reengage by slipping the clutches and locking, this causes it to wear out prematurely. Bouncing it off the rev limiter is just dumb.

KOOY

Established Member
I actually did a few times only for fun with heel and toe. I don't go to the strip very often. But just don't know the mechanicaly theory of a burnout...

So, from what I read above, I assume that there is the clutch invloving. If you let the RPMs bounce between 5000 and 2500, then the clutch will be engaged and disengaged each time the rpms bounce up and down. Am I right?

elmo0244

Established Member
one foot on clucth on foot on brake and a bottle in your right hand works good. i do that sometimes it's preety easy.

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
Go around the waterbox, back in, put car in 2nd gear, rev to 5k dump clutch, hold for 6-8 seconds and wala you just did the perfect burnout!!!

Users who are viewing this thread