Questions: Metco 2.6 pulley...

bluediamond

13 Shelby aka El Diablo
Established Member
...GT500, mods include FRPP CAI & Tune, 3.73 gears, catbacks and a KR shifter. Not looking to race and the track, Im simply looking for the 4psi boost and HP increase etc.

My question is, if I install the Metco 2.6 pulley and the idler pulley and use the stock belt. Do I need to re-tune after the install? Will the can tune from FRPP support this mod?
Should I be concerned about the higher temps of the intake and blower etc created by the pulley?
Im just looking the next bang for buck mod that will not adveresly affect my warranty and everyday driver capability.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
yes, no and yes if your in the boost a lot.

and it will affect your warranty.

Alloy Snake

Established Member
You Absolutly need a new tune,Adding 4 psi increases air flow.Remember,You cant even change the intake without a retune.The good news is the tune for that is one any tuner will have.This mod will make a big difference and more of that beautiful whine.

bluediamond

13 Shelby aka El Diablo
Established Member
yes, no and yes if your in the boost a lot.

and it will affect your warranty.

Thanks for the replies...
Ok, so after installing the pulley-idler etc. and doing the re-tune (dyno shop is close by)......I understand about my warranty....but, If its a daily driver and yes, I drive it like a mustang......are you suggesting a larger heat exchanger? What have you heard about the guys who just do pulley swaps and a tune, only?....problems?
Thanks

Alloy Snake

Established Member
Your in Florida-Get the best heat exchanger you can-You will loose big horsepower from heatsoak after just a few minutes of hard driving-Even sitting in traffic.Hard to beat the Revan Racing stuff-Its an investment into your car for saftey and performance.

bluediamond

13 Shelby aka El Diablo
Established Member
Your in Florida-Get the best heat exchanger you can-You will loose big horsepower from heatsoak after just a few minutes of hard driving-Even sitting in traffic.Hard to beat the Revan Racing stuff-Its an investment into your car for saftey and performance.

Good advice, thanks.
I will research the Revan Racing heat exchangers.
Your right about the heat soak, particulary down here.
2 articles that I have read about the 10 GT500 say that heat soak is now a non-issue and pulls just as hard after mulitiple dyno runs......hard to believe, but if true, I would like to know what changes were made etc.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Good advice, thanks.
I will research the Revan Racing heat exchangers.
Your right about the heat soak, particulary down here.
2 articles that I have read about the 10 GT500 say that heat soak is now a non-issue and pulls just as hard after mulitiple dyno runs......hard to believe, but if true, I would like to know what changes were made etc.
Just a guess here, but since they added the knock sensors they may be pulling less timing and adding less fuel as a matter of course, hence less power drop unless detonation actually occurs.

Users who are viewing this thread