Questions from a new lightning owner.

jesusphreak

Newby For Life
Established Member
Hey guys i just bought myself a lightning for christmas last week. Its a 2003 with 44k miles. It already has a CAI and an upper pulley (not sure if its 2# or 4#)
Assuming its a 2# pulley would it be ok to go ahead and put in NGK TR6's tomorrow or do i need to wait until i have more boost?
Also how can i measure the upper pulley to see what size it is. It has like a lip extruding from it, so i can't measure the actual size while its on.

The pulley is 3" accross if you count the lip on it.

Last edited:

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
do you know what brand it is? if so you can contact the manufacture and ask.....it's also going to cause more belt slip being an upper pulley, thats why you'll see most of us running a lower pulley.

chiz

jesusphreak

Newby For Life
Established Member
Thanks guys,
unfortunately i dont know the brand, i dont see any markings on it. I wish it would have come with a lower pulley, but i bought it used so i didn't have much of a choice.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
The stock upper pulley is 2.93 inches, so it may be of stock size. If you could get a pic of it, that would help alot.

jesusphreak

Newby For Life
Established Member
I took some pictures, but i dont see a way to upload pics through this forum. Can someone help me, if not add me to MSN messenger, i'll send you the pics and maybe someone can post em for me

[email protected]

is my MSN

thanks. Chris

nates03L

SVT Punk
Established Member
being that there are no markings on it and that it is about 3 inches i would have to think it is probably a stock size,just a guess tho

jesusphreak

Newby For Life
Established Member
it has been "hammered" on, the pulley has been removed, I'm sure of that, its just a matter of whether they put the stock one back on, or an aftermarket one.

jesusphreak

Newby For Life
Established Member
the stock gauge pegs out at 10psi pretty easily, but i've read that its inaccurate (I live in houston area, and have had like 50s for the temperature most of the time).

jesusphreak

Newby For Life
Established Member
Its not actually houston, I live in West Columbia, thats like 45 minutes from houston (Like 5 minutes from Where Paul Gamino lives)
Yes i got your email.

chillfactor

2-BADSVTS
Established Member
Did you get the answers you were looking for?????? If you still need help get a hold of Paul and get the directions to the shop(PSI) and we can help you get that bad boy squared away.

Users who are viewing this thread