Questions for the guys with whipple/KB cars

Don03cobra

Established Member
I have been involved in the mustang blower game for just over a decade now with lots of experience in most all areas related.
Fuel pressure, fuel volume, Volumetric efficency, AFR, ACT's etc.
My questions;
Has anyone done any data logging with different stages of boost? I would love to see some data such as;
Air Charge temps (ACT) with ;
Eaton blower stock pulley
eaton blower 2.8 pulley
ported eaton
KB with X boost
whipple with X boost
Basic math will tell you that more boost will make more power but my question is at what cost? Is anyone upgrading the boost bypass mech? (or is there a way)?
Also, I DO have the need for speeed... I sold my 10 second GT for my 12 second 03 cobra and have done 2.8, JLT cold air, exhuast, predator and I NEED more power... i am wondering if I just simply bolt on a KB or a whipple, and leave the fuel pumps, MAF, injectors alone... how much power could I make on say, 14 psi? 16 psi?
All thoughts welcome

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
I have No data on eaton as I took it off before spinning it faster than stock

My S/C gets tuned soon for 17 psi, this is gonna bring hell to the pistons.. How long they will last is determined mostly by tune, and proper fuel supply.

I went return for my fuel system, but I think I'm one of the only ones on this forum. Most stay stock fuel system with upgraded pumps and/or KB boost-a-pump. Return setup IS NOT CHEAP, but rebuilt motors aren't either.

If you weren't in a cave earlier this year and last year (j/k) you'd know that these pistons are good but not great and will puke on you once they get too hot (IMO > 17 psi boost IS THE LIMIT) and even then it's borrowed time.

- I Plan on getting some IAT2 data once I get autotap running on the car.

If you want to get back in the 10's then you pretty much have to do the same sh!t you did to the gt. pumps, MAF, inj, tune, kb/whipple @15 psi will net you around 550 @ the wheels. you'll need at least 17psi for 10's unless you gut the car and go solid rear. Then it's a different ballgame

Good Luck
Rog

Users who are viewing this thread