Questions for HTT or Carroll?

Milstang

Established Member
Sorry about not posting this sooner. I know many of you visit this site already, but Brad Barnett is going to be having a dinner with HTT, Carroll and many other big Mustang personalities. He has asked for a list of questions that people would like answered. So if you have anything post them quickly for Brad. If you do not have a login for his site, and don't desire to make one for this...
Post your questions here and I will cut and paste them over, or just link this thread for Brad.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=41323

:beer:

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
I would like to know if any future cars (Gt500's, upcoming 350's, SVT etc) will have a twin screw?

WraithCobra

Don't want a GT500
Established Member
I want to know from HTT if after the GT500 run, will SVT be producing a real Mustang Cobra? You know, with an aluminum block and IRS for those of us that want a more balanced performance car over just straight line performance. The next generation Cobra was going to be my next car, but after the heavy iron 5.4 and loss of the IRS I don't want the GT500.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
WraithCobra said:
I want to know from HTT if after the GT500 run, will SVT be producing a real Mustang Cobra? You know, with an aluminum block and IRS for those of us that want a more balanced performance car over just straight line performance. The next generation Cobra was going to be my next car, but after the heavy iron 5.4 and loss of the IRS I don't want the GT500.

what in the world is a real mustang cobra? you purchased a fake, heavy, bogus irs, out of balance 03 mustang cobra, so ford thought they might build another one just for you. :burn:

jshen

Established Member
Question

The new Shelby...~500 hp. The other car makers up the anti next year. What is Ford planning to do to stay up with the competition? Will the twin screw eventually come in to play on the 5.4 to make the car competitive a few years down the road? New engine? Car makers have to be thinking years ahead, anticipate the issues and keep up.

Skywarp

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
what in the world is a real mustang cobra? you purchased a fake, heavy, bogus irs, out of balance 03 mustang cobra, so ford thought they might build another one just for you. :burn:
I don't know about fake it was offered from the factory, heavy? do you think the 500 is better no way in hell. Another note on weight : an 03, 04 Cobra still has an IRS that can be swapped out for a lighter solid rear for more weight savings. No such luck with the 500 tank! As for the IRS be half assed thats questionable upon your power level. See Postbans car. Out of balance the 500 has horrible weight distribution 57/43. Essentially I see you as a disgruntled Mach One owner who's a hater on Cobras of the same vintage. :lol: :lol: :loser: :loser:

Last edited:

WraithCobra

Don't want a GT500
Established Member
ON D BIT said:

I didn't say the GT500 was fake, it's just not the type of Mustang SVT should be producing. The GT500 is going to be a great Mustang and it should be made under the Shelby name, but it's not the SVT I was waiting for. The '99 & '01 Cobras were well balanced performance cars, SVT did the best they could with the Mustang platform. The bean counters forced SVT to make the IRS fit into the mounting locations of the SRA, but it was STILL better than the SRA.
I bought the '03 because I've always wanted a supercharged Mustang. SVT wanted to use an aluminum block but erred on the safe side with iron, it would have been a better balanced car with the aluminum. I thought I'd be trading it in for the next generation Cobra. I was expecting the next SVT Cobra to use the aluminum block and the IRS already designed for the next generation Mustang, that's the Cobra I'm waiting for. I really liked the look of the silver show car and seriously want to know from HTT if SVT is going to produce it in the next few years. If the GT500 is the future of SVT, I'm going to have to purchase my next performance car from another manufacturer. I might still look into the Roush Stage 3. It might not be as fast in a straight line, but if I have to have an SRA the Roush will out perform the GT500 in any other performance category.
More power is nice, but I'm looking for better balanced performance.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
is there any future for turbochargers and naturally aspirated engines in SVTs future? and how many years is the Shelby GT500 going to be on the market?

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
ON D BIT said:

Bogus IRS, you're not really that stupid are you. Well I suppose you might be!!

MIKEC501

Established Member
hey mr on d bit i see from your sig. you have had a few rangers why dont you stick to driving fords smaller cheap trucks becouse i dont think you can handle the power of a 03/04 cobra.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
I don't mind the SRA in the GT 500. I will buy a twinscrew 5.4 - if and when it is made.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Skywarp said:
I don't know about fake it was offered from the factory, heavy? do you think the 500 is better no way in hell. Another note on weight : an 03, 04 Cobra still has an IRS that can be swapped out for a lighter solid rear for more weight savings. No such luck with the 500 tank! As for the IRS be half assed thats questionable upon your power level. See Postbans car. Out of balance the 500 has horrible weight distribution 57/43. Essentially I see you as a disgruntled Mach One owner who's a hater on Cobras of the same vintage. :lol: :lol: :loser: :loser:

Sky:

Let me quote the '03 Cobra weight distribution specs for you:

Curb Weight 3,780 lbs.
57-43 Weight Distribution

linky: http://www.engine-power.com/ford/mustang_cobra.html

Because it sounds like you're ragging on the W/D of the GT500?

:read: :shrug:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
OOO now THATS a burn. i see him as a disgruntled cobra owner whos a hater on the GT500 of a NEWER generation.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
WraithCobra said:
I didn't say the GT500 was fake, it's just not the type of Mustang SVT should be producing. The GT500 is going to be a great Mustang and it should be made under the Shelby name, but it's not the SVT I was waiting for. The '99 & '01 Cobras were well balanced performance cars, SVT did the best they could with the Mustang platform. The bean counters forced SVT to make the IRS fit into the mounting locations of the SRA, but it was STILL better than the SRA.
I bought the '03 because I've always wanted a supercharged Mustang. SVT wanted to use an aluminum block but erred on the safe side with iron, it would have been a better balanced car with the aluminum. I thought I'd be trading it in for the next generation Cobra. I was expecting the next SVT Cobra to use the aluminum block and the IRS already designed for the next generation Mustang, that's the Cobra I'm waiting for. I really liked the look of the silver show car and seriously want to know from HTT if SVT is going to produce it in the next few years. If the GT500 is the future of SVT, I'm going to have to purchase my next performance car from another manufacturer. I might still look into the Roush Stage 3. It might not be as fast in a straight line, but if I have to have an SRA the Roush will out perform the GT500 in any other performance category.
More power is nice, but I'm looking for better balanced performance.

this is a great response. what silver show car? was it the mustang race car, the silver concept mustang? the concept is a mustang gt concept car only. i am not a fan of svt. ford has produced high performanced cars before svt and will after svt. and i really cant stand that only the big greedy dealers are the only ones allowed to see svt products. but i will say this about the current svt team.
the gt500 is a real performance vehicle. it will outrun the 03 down the straights and i believe it will be able to compete with the 00R on the road course. i also agree with many of you that it could have been much better. but at what price? if your not bitching about performance, your bitching about weight. and we have yet to mention the famous ford bean counters and the price word.

so to answer your question, yes the gt500 could have been better. a state of the art irs mounted to four adjustable coil overs would be sweet. the all aluminum 5.4l with a twin screw mounted on top unstopable. but now we are not complaining about a mustang that cost 40g's we are complaining that a mustang cost 60g's. :bash: :beer:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
MIKEC501 said:
hey mr on d bit i see from your sig. you have had a few rangers why dont you stick to driving fords smaller cheap trucks becouse i dont think you can handle the power of a 03/04 cobra.

arent you a big boy. have yourself a 03 cobra. :banana: :pepper: :bowdown: :beer:

Skywarp

Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
OOO now THATS a burn. i see him as a disgruntled cobra owner whos a hater on the GT500 of a NEWER generation.
Not really a hater just see alot of posers without a car to even talk about. Or the countless people who bitch about price. Now thats a burn :burn:

Last edited:

Skywarp

Established Member
redsvtcobra said:
W/D is right, but the curb weight for the 03/04 cobra is 3665.
If this is correct then there is a 400-600 pound weight advantage Terminator.

Users who are viewing this thread