Questions For Any Ford Tech's

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
Hello Mates
I bought a pressure bleeding kit today to change the brake fluid on my L this weekend ,as its looking very old and tired,
the kit is the type you hand pump to pressurise then crack the bleed nipples and let the pressure flush through new fluid from the container via the master cylinder

the first question is what pressure is safe to use to protect the ABS system my kit has a guage and you can pressurise it up to 30 psi

the second question is I've got the service cd for L and it says that when manual bleeding the system you must first connect a NGS DLC cable adapter into the DLC and follow the NGS instructions before you start bleeding ,why is that? ,the next section details the procedure for pressure bleeding and makes no mention of connecting the NGS

I just want to make sure that I dont make a balls up of the job as I dont deal with ABS system's at work

Stay Lucky
Brit-Lightning.

kromdom

1KWKTRK
Established Member
Friend of mine just helped me do this last SUN and we pressurized to 12 psi and it was enough to bleed the rears. Then I re-pressurized to bleed the fronts. Sequence we followed was: RR, LR, RF, LF.

Did not do the other steps you described above. Flushed/filled the reservoir until it was as clean as possible. Then attached the the kit, pressurized and bled all 4. Good luck

BRIT-LIGHTNING

Established Member
Thanks for that Mate
unless anyone comes back with any other info with regards to the psi for the pressure bleeder I'll go with your advice
that was the main question and if 12 psi worked for you with no problems I cant see it causing me any
the question about the NGS was just out of curiosity really as I was wondering if you had to use it to electronically open the ABS valves or something before bleeding
Stay Lucky
Brit-Lightning.

Users who are viewing this thread