Questions before I make purchase of a Termi

bdrsvt

I hate rice
Established Member
Questions before I make purchase of a Terminator

Hey all. Looking to get back in a Terminator. Found a 04 near me that has had 6 owners according to the Carfax. Is this common? Seems a bit high to me. It's black with 45k miles. Guy that is selling says he buys and sells 03-04 cobras. The car has been local through all 6 owners though. It's lightly modded with new fr500s. He's asking 23.5k. What do you guys think. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
My take on your questions is this. It's just too hard too speak on the amount of owners. These cars can have a tendency to change hands quite a bit. The problem is, 6 owners can just be a bunch of guys that got bored quickly, or can be a sign the car was thrashed hard and sent to the next guy.

I also think that 23.5 is high for a light mod black car.

Bottom line is, don't even think about buying the car without a compression and leak down test.

Good luck either way!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Rule #1 the word "Termi" isn't taken kindly on here. Hell my wife even hates that term.

Now that's out of the way, I'd recommend getting it checked out and price is high. 20-21k at the very most.

mrose75

Established Member
Rule #1 the word "Termi" isn't taken kindly on here. Hell my wife even hates that term.

Now that's out of the way, I'd recommend getting it checked out and price is high. 20-21k at the very most.

Like and agree!

bdrsvt

I hate rice
Established Member

Sorry, had no idea about that. Why is this? I did not mean to disrespect anyone.

Thanks to all for the input. Can a compression test and leak down be done at any mechanic shop? The car is about a 2.5 HR drive from me.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Was just curious you said in the OP that the guy bought and sold Cobra's was just curious. I bought mine from him and have no regrets.

bdrsvt

I hate rice
Established Member
My take on your questions is this. It's just too hard too speak on the amount of owners. These cars can have a tendency to change hands quite a bit. The problem is, 6 owners can just be a bunch of guys that got bored quickly, or can be a sign the car was thrashed hard and sent to the next guy.

I also think that 23.5 is high for a light mod black car.

Bottom line is, don't even think about buying the car without a compression and leak down test.

Good luck either way!

Thanks, I will definitely get it checked out if I decide to buy.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry, had no idea about that. Why is this? I did not mean to disrespect anyone.

Thanks to all for the input. Can a compression test and leak down be done at any mechanic shop? The car is about a 2.5 HR drive from me.

No hard feelings man. It just reminds a lot of us of what a 16 year old Honda ricer fanboy would call it. Some don't care, others will get crazy mad.

Best of luck!

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I sold a similar car with same miles for 17k almost 2 years ago..

Seems like prices may be on the rise. But that still seems steep

Users who are viewing this thread