Questions after FTBR install

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member
So I finally got my FTBR bushings installed and the rear-end put back up in the car. I did install the Milled diff cover and the lowering mount. So I was and idiot and over filled the diff, but let it drain once it was in the car. I did amsoil severe gear 75w-140 and 4oz of ford friction modifier. I also did H&R Race springs. The car feels great, it seems smoother and I love it.

My question is it seems to be a little noisier, I guess more road noise than anything while driving. I don't have rear seats (delete kit) so maybe I notice it more. Also, if I'm just cruising like low RPM there seems to be a howl when it's under light load. Almost sounds like a Honda when you put it in reverse if you all know what that sounds like. It's only under light load if you let off the gas or push the clutch in it goes away.

So just curious if any of you have experienced this?

MG0h3

Established Member
You'll definitely get a little more road noise and some gear noise. The amount of gear noise depends on the condition of the diff components as some report more noise increase than others.

I can barely hear a difference but my exhaust is pretty loud even at cruise.

Woody6799

Established Member
the additional NVH from the ftbr kit is the exact reason I went all poly instead. It will def be louder than factory will be since there is no cushion to plastic.

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member
the additional NVH from the ftbr kit is the exact reason I went all poly instead. It will def be louder than factory will be since there is no cushion to plastic.

The noise doesn't bother me, I guess I was just more concerned if it was normal or not. Or if I didn't put something back together right. I'm always paranoid that I don't get enough diff fluid in when I do a rear-end. Sorry for my stupidity but I don't guess I know what NVH means.

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
When I did mine it was loud at 45 and about 70, my exhaust is loud and this trumped the exhaust big time.

I order some Steeda poly bushing where the aluminum washer are on the front of the diff and its almost unnoticeable now.

I couldn't handle it, everyone says just turn the radio up but I would have needed some after market stereo to pull that off.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1052405-04-Cobra-make-over/page4

Just scroll down about mid way of page 4, this is what I did night and day difference

Users who are viewing this thread