Questions about upgrades

redrocket1985

Established Member
[FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I bought a 2014 shelby a few weeks ago and wanted your opinion. What is the deal with the mono blade TB? what are the issues? Also any other bolt ons and what tune do you recommend for me considering I don't know of any local shops in my area? Also the clutch in this car feels a little jerky. Your thoughts? And would you recommend the supercharger pulley or the harmonic balancer pulley, or both?[/FONT]

ThomasL

Established Member
As far as the TB, a lot of guys seem to prefer and have good success with a twin TB. Not exactly sure why. I have VMP Tuning stage 4 kit. Added 100hp and tq for me. The stock clutch stinks for as much power as we have. I have a Mcleod RXT clutch ordered and on the way. Get some new tires asap to really harness the power. The Goodyears stink. Michelin and Nitto are good options. Enjoy the new ride

raustin0017

Established Member
First things first. Congrats on your 14 GT500 and welcome to the forum. Tons of info about different mods available to you on this site. Take a few hours, sit back and relax and do some research on what is working best for folks. My 14 does not have any power modifications. I find the 600 rwhp to be more than plenty of stock tires. Want a smooth clutch. Remove the clutch assist spring. Took me almost 5 minutes. Nothing wrong with the stock drive line in these beast.
Good luck..

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Want a smooth clutch. Remove the clutch assist spring. Took me almost 5 minutes.
Good luck..
Congrats op.. what raustin said about the clutch assist spring, except that I can't claim 5 minutes. It was a bitch but worth the effort. Don't forget to post pictures asap :beer:

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Welcome! There are several options for bolt on power for these cars. Van at Revan Racing is the man. If you go to Revanracing.com you can look at 2013-2014 GT500 power packages. A popular one is the 13-6 kit with or without the blower pully. I have the 13-6 without the pulley which consist of a 65mm Ford Racing dual TB, JLT 123mm big air carbon fiber intake, and a SCT Xcal4 with a pre loaded tune from Lund. I just installed it yesterday and it woke the car up BIG TIME. They claim 80-100 rwhp withOUT the pulley and it feels like it. The car felt good before, but is a monster now. Van was great to deal with as well, and will talk to you and answer your questions even if you're not ready to buy. I may do a pulley down the road after I get used to my new found power now.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Welcome to the site, congrats & good luck with the new ride.
Nothing wrong with the FRPP mono-blade, made by the same co. ( Accufab ) that mfg. the twin 65mm. The issues you read about are usually " tune " related...

.....................................( pic is my 11, have a mono-blade going on the 14 also )
Several tuners offer kits for our cars, based on you goals & budget, parts & a canned tune.
...................( my tuner sells canned tunes )
Hard to believe there aren't tuners in SC, canned tunes are ok, but nothing beats a custom tune.
Good luck with your decision & mods.

Last edited:

redrocket1985

Established Member
Well that's what I meant. My limited experience reading, it seems like even these people that buy these custom tunes can't get it quite right with the mono blade. I was just wondering why that was.

Users who are viewing this thread