Questions about the Predator

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
How does it hook up and does some one have a link that shows how it hooks up and what it does. I have seen a small picture in a mag. but that is about it. If it is so great why isn't there tons of info on it. No flame to the product just wondering. I am looking at modding the car but I hate chips and using the service port. That just says void my warranty. I have enough trouble getting the dealerships to fix the stuff on my stock cars. I do not need to give them an excused to void the warranty on the modded car.

maoun

Established Member
hooks up via the OBDII port

there is plenty of info on it....just search...

look a little harder and you'll find it everywhere

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
It all seems to be when it is coming out, how great it is and how to get one. No real info. It is great that people are telling me how great and the # gains but I want more official info. Something that will sell the product to me. That says that I really need it. Not some Joe Blow telling me that it is so easy to use and gained 1000 HP from it. I like official documentation and pictures. Do a search for Predator yourself. Look at the crap it bring back. Most of it has nothing to do with the product or they are dead links about when it comes out.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Do a search for Predator yourself

No YOU do the search because YOU are the one who wants the info.

I have seen at least 5 different threads (probably more) WITH DYNO NUMBERS posted from people using the predator with and without a pulley.

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
Originally posted by maoun
you don't have to be so pissed off about it, relax a little

on this board you'll be a lot more successful at getting replies if you ask kindly.

you can get it from www.runninwiththedevil.com ....info can be found there..the one for the 03 cobra is at http://www.runninwiththedevil.com/pdf/manual_cobra_2.pdf

m.

Sorry. Just the last two topics (not only on this board) I have put up have been the same response. Do a search. There is probibly an answer, but to wade through 200 topics to find the one that that matches or piece 30 different posts together just doesn't make sense.
If I tell a person to search I include a link to get them started or I will do a search to see if it makes sense to tell the person to search. Sorry again. Just one of those days.. I think I need a beer or three.

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
No YOU do the search because YOU are the one who wants the info.

I have seen at least 5 different threads (probably more) WITH DYNO NUMBERS posted from people using the predator with and without a pulley.

They key here is that I could care less about everybodies before and after #'s. That is all good. I am looking for the product to take a look at it and see if it is worth the effort over a chip and so on. Finding #'s out there is easy. Finding acual documentation of the product is what I can not find. I think you missed the point of the statement of what you quoted. Do a search for Predator and see what comes up. The first 10 threads I don't think had anything really to do with the product. The first one that came up was "when it was going to come out". The post kept saying in "two weeks." That didn't help much.. I really have no problem searching but if in a reasonable amount of time the info I can't find the info I need I post. Or if the info is spread ove 20 different threads and scattered through over 200 posts. I will post. To start a thread and get 4 people respond and get the info i need and probibly others need too, it far better in my eyes. I am here to teach and to learn. If I can't help I try not to post.

Thanks to the people who have contributed to the thread and helping me out.

Last edited:

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
you don't have to be so pissed off about it, relax a little

on this board you'll be a lot more successful at getting replies if you ask kindly.

you can get it from www.runninwiththedevil.com ....info can be found there..the one for the 03 cobra is at http://www.runninwiththedevil.com/pdf/manual_cobra_2.pdf

m.

Perfect. This is a lot of teh info that I needed. Thank you very much. :bowdown:
Now when Linn announces the Downloadable programs and how easyor hard it will be to update that, I will be set. Thanks again. Seems to be a nice product and fairly sturdy.

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
Originally posted by Venomized281
Here's a link to dad's dyno info.: Before Predator & After

There was a decent gain after he had uploaded the Performance Tune into the car and tuned it a bit.

Very nice. I don't plan on doing a lot of mods right off the bat. I race SCCA so this year will be Stock class. If the wife gets the Mach 1 or the 350Z I might race that and Mod the 03'. We will see. I really like running the Cobra's.

maoun

Established Member
honestly SCCA won't be able to tell whether your chipped or not with a predator

as for installing e-mailed programs, it's fairly easy....i've done it several times

you just put a serial cable (null modem cable) and download the tune

m.

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
honestly SCCA won't be able to tell whether your chipped or not with a predator

as for installing e-mailed programs, it's fairly easy....i've done it several times

you just put a serial cable (null modem cable) and download the tune

m.

I wil not cheat in racing. Cards, yes. Racing, No... I believe it was in an interview of a FFW tech instectoer that said " It can get pretty bad when you get caught and you are put up on a forum board, for cheating." That is not my thing.

Who did you get the programs from? If I decide to go that route I will probibly get a prgram for just the basics and dump the program during events. It seems pretty easy to do. I like the extra HP on the street. When I do some OT events I will keep the tune. It seems that this will hurt the chip market. Makes me wonder what they have in store for us next to get our $$..

maoun

Established Member
i was by NO MEANS recommended cheating....just letting you know.....

it was more meant as a joke....my bad.

this is from the chip market, so it's not hurting anything..

as for the tunes, i got my custom tunes from some friends at diablo....buy it from that website i recommended....tell him marwane sent ya...he'll take care of you and give you good custom tunes

m.

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
i was by NO MEANS recommended cheating....just letting you know.....

it was more meant as a joke....my bad.

this is from the chip market, so it's not hurting anything..

as for the tunes, i got my custom tunes from some friends at diablo....buy it from that website i recommended....tell him marwane sent ya...he'll take care of you and give you good custom tunes

m.

I know you were kidding. Or I sure thought you were. I will take a look when I am ready to buy. I am still having issues with RAV right now. I should have had the 03' weeks ago. They only call and leave messages on Friday so I can stew about the crap they give me all weekend. They are trying to not give me the chrome wheel upgrade. This is starting to get a bit bothersom. Oh well. Maybe I will have the car this week..

Users who are viewing this thread