Questions about swapping 03/04 cobra tranny into an 06

draxxus131

Established Member
Somewhat in a predicament, took my fathers 06 Saleen out of the garage for the first time in a long time to get all the parts moving once again. It had a nasty sound coming from and around the firewall when driving it mildly. We have owned the vehicle since 08 and never had a problem like this before. We originally thought it was the supercharger failing on us again......well it turns out after further diagnosis and collected opinions it all points back to the damn cluster gears in the tranny. My question for everyone here on the forums is, has anyone swapped an 03/04 cobra transmission into an 05+ mustang gt?? Obviously the input shafts are different and the mounting of the shifter as well the length of the driveshaft, but can anyone point me in the right direction. We really don't have an abundance of money to spend on a brand new tranny or to even crack open the stock one and replace any of the gears that are damaged.

Or by any chance would anyone on here have an 05+ GT tranny lying around for sale?!? We are located in Southern California, so we could possibly pick it up. If not I'm sure we can work something out to have it shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread