Questions about running E85??

Bad99SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
I am getting my car tuned on 93 octane on 18 psi and E85 on 24 psi. I won't use the E85 tune often because I don't have it avaliable anywhere that is shorter than a hour drive. For everyone using it what do you do if you are low on fuel but no where to fill up on E85?? I heard you can't just put 93 in it because it wi run like crap...I just don't want to eventually go E85 if I won't be able to enjoy driving it if where I drive doesn't sell it.

KlugSS

Established Member
It would run just fine.

I have ran straight gasoline on my e85 tune regularly to keep everything clean. I couldn't tell that it ran any different. I would not go wot though.

Bad99SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
What about mixing E85 with 93? Would it run rough or anything? I know to not boost it and everything just didn't know if I could mix the fuels together.

KlugSS

Established Member
What about mixing E85 with 93? Would it run rough or anything? I know to not boost it and everything just didn't know if I could mix the fuels together.

Nope should run just fine. Once you start adding pure gasoline you are just knocking your % down.. My e85 is roughly 95% ethanol in the summer and 70% during the winter. I never change my tune..

Users who are viewing this thread