questions about putting t56 in an 01 cobra??

brett3xx

Established Member
Will the stock 01 clutch work with the t56 from an 03 cobra? will I have to have a different transmission crossmember? What else will I need other than the trans, bellhousing, and driveshaft. How is the trans geared compared to the 3650 I have stock? What other benefites if any will I get other than another gear? Thanks, Brett

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
you will need a T56 Crossmember. I believe your clutch setup will work as long as the input shaft on the T56 is 10 spline unless you have a 26 spline clutch. In addition to the Trans, bell housing, driveshaft, and crossmember you will need a T56 Shifter. The first gear is a little bit longer so if you have your standard 3.27s you will need an upgrade desperately. The benefits are the gearing is laid out differently and you have a very long OD gear allowing to turn same RPMs at a higher rate of speed. (Differential Gears, and tire diameter will be a factor as well in the Cruising RPMs etc)

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
01SVTSnake said:
you will need a T56 Crossmember. I believe your clutch setup will work as long as the input shaft on the T56 is 10 spline unless you have a 26 spline clutch. In addition to the Trans, bell housing, driveshaft, and crossmember you will need a T56 Shifter. The first gear is a little bit longer so if you have your standard 3.27s you will need an upgrade desperately. The benefits are the gearing is laid out differently and you have a very long OD gear allowing to turn same RPMs at a higher rate of speed. (Differential Gears, and tire diameter will be a factor as well in the Cruising RPMs etc)

I second the need for gear from personal experiance.

Users who are viewing this thread