Questions about options...

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
The Ford configurator is no longer listing what all is included with the electronics pack, what all is included besides heated/cooled standard seats and B&O sound system?

Also, how hard are the CFHP or CFTP wheels to find and how expensive are they through a place like AutoNation or Tasca? Obviously the studs are big money alone and would be needed. Wondering if I should even try to get an unobtanium ticket for the CFHP.

In the event that I did...what are the costs of the standard base wheels? Are there plenty of take-offs available from guys going aftermarket? I've seen a few horror stories on the interwebs about guys hitting potholes and cracking them so it looks like these non-autoclaved versions are much more delicate. Too many potholes where I live.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Also, how hard are the CFHP or CFTP wheels to find and how expensive are they through a place like AutoNation or Tasca? Obviously the studs are big money alone and would be needed. Wondering if I should even try to get an unobtanium ticket for the CFHP.

In the event that I did...what are the costs of the standard base wheels? Are there plenty of take-offs available from guys going aftermarket? I've seen a few horror stories on the interwebs about guys hitting potholes and cracking them so it looks like these non-autoclaved versions are much more delicate. Too many potholes where I live.

If you are getting rid of the rims why are you getting the CF Handling Pack? That is the only item special in that package. The rest is just the Track Package option on a base model. Just get a base model and load it up and save $8,500.

Tom

Snoopy49

Established Member
@Tob where you able to find out if the CFHP cars had the same springs, shocks, sway bars and programing as the CFTP cars or are they just a base car with carbon fiber wheels and the normal handling package?

93 347 Cobra

Established Member

Thank you!!

If you are getting rid of the rims why are you getting the CF Handling Pack? That is the only item special in that package. The rest is just the Track Package option on a base model. Just get a base model and load it up and save $8,500.

Tom

Oh, I definitely wouldn't get rid of the rims. I just don't want to ruin them while hitting a random pothole on accident should that happen. I try to be careful in all my vehicles but the roads here in CO get them unavoidably every winter and they're all over the place by the time driving season comes back around.

I would want to throw a more aggressive tire (not Cup 2s) on them and save them for track event weekends , mostly 1/2 mile and 1/4 mile stuff.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
@Tob where you able to find out if the CFHP cars had the same springs, shocks, sway bars and programing as the CFTP cars or are they just a base car with carbon fiber wheels and the normal handling package?

No sir. Life and the massive failure in Afghanistan keep getting in the way. When I can I will do my best!

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member

I can' remember where but I recall someone reporting they spoke to a Ford Engineer at an event and they asked about the magna ride programing on the CFHP cars and due to the tires it was the same as the base model, not the TP model. I don't recall specifics on springs, shocks and bars.

Tom

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I think your recollection is correct. That said, I have little faith i what was said.

Users who are viewing this thread