Questions about nitrous oxide. Help please.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Hey 03DOHC,

Well, let me give you my opinions:

1. No chip needed for 50-75hp shot BUT you will need some method of supplying the extra fuel required otherwise you will run lean. No timing pulled but I always run 93 octane.

2. I made my own dry kit from a NX EFI kit. I'm using a set of 50lb/hr injectors and a STAGE2 MAFterburner to handle the extra fuel.

3. BR7EFS plugs gapped at 0.032"

4. DRY!!!!

You will definitely want:

5. WOT and Window switch.

Email me privately if you want further information. I won't post anymore information on my products because I'm tired of having my posts deleted for advertising.

MJ

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
Thanks Mark. We got to watch your eFPC in action during our dyno day and it was very cool!

I'd like to keep this simple, something that can be removed easily and is basically bolt-on.

I'm just feeling out what my options are right now.

cobra 829

Established Member
nos kit 5115 with south florida pulley boost controler 50 to150hp:burnout:price nos kit 5115 450.00 boost controler 220.00

Last edited:

03DOHC

Established Member
So the 5115 kit will work with our returnless fuel systems I take it? That was one of the things I was curious about. Thanks.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
So the 5115 kit will work with our returnless fuel systems I take it? That was one of the things I was curious about. Thanks.

You will still need a means to provide the fuel enrichment. You *MAY* be able to get away with a small hit if your car is running really rich though. DO NOT spray into the MAF, you will freeze it and throw off calculated load and inferred baro and this is no good. Spray after the MAF and add the fuel in a controlled and predictable manner (chip or other product......).

MJ

nitrous pete

Banned
You should use a chip, the a/f will be off, If you spray in the maf, the timing gose up, As the comp. thinks super cold, and adds timing. this is ok But I run less timing with NOS, I also have a kit, and I will tell you where to spray it . you will need a chip. I would use a flip ,Just get another comp. I sell several this way, and have no probs. Have fun

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by mjchip
You will still need a means to provide the fuel enrichment. You *MAY* be able to get away with a small hit if your car is running really rich though. DO NOT spray into the MAF, you will freeze it and throw off calculated load and inferred baro and this is no good. Spray after the MAF and add the fuel in a controlled and predictable manner (chip or other product......).

MJ
Mark, maybe I'm not understanding very well. I thought that a dry system increases the fuel pressure so your injectors put out more fuel? Exactly how this is done on the misc dry kits, I don't know. And how that works with the returnless fuel system, I don't know. And a wet system pulls fuel from the rails via the schrader valve, I think, and injects both nitrous and fuel from a single nozzle?

I've never run nitrous before so sorry about the stupid questions.:)

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by nitrous pete
You should use a chip, the a/f will be off, If you spray in the maf, the timing gose up, As the comp. thinks super cold, and adds timing. this is ok But I run less timing with NOS, I also have a kit, and I will tell you where to spray it . you will need a chip. I would use a flip ,Just get another comp. I sell several this way, and have no probs. Have fun
Thanks Pete. I'm trying to avoid chipping the PCM.:) and I'm still researching the second PCM thing.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Mark, maybe I'm not understanding very well. I thought that a dry system increases the fuel pressure so your injectors put out more fuel? Exactly how this is done on the misc dry kits, I don't know. And how that works with the returnless fuel system, I don't know. And a wet system pulls fuel from the rails via the schrader valve, I think, and injects both nitrous and fuel from a single nozzle?

I've never run nitrous before so sorry about the stupid questions.:)

Hi,

Yes a wet kit injects both nitrous and fuel through supplementary nozzles and a dry kit uses the stock fuel system to provide the extra fuel by some means.

In the old days of return-style fuel systems, the dry kits came with a mechanism that bumped up fuel pressure through the regulator. On the returnless systems this is not possible. So, you need some way to provide fuel enrichment when the nitrous is injected. This can be done with a chip or it can be done with a MAFterburner and larger injectors or an eFPC. The eFPC method is similar to the method used by the old dry kits (ups fuel pressure) only this time it's done electronically and MUCH more precisely and with much greater flexibility.

MJ

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by mjchip

In the old days of return-style fuel systems, the dry kits came with a mechanism that bumped up fuel pressure through the regulator. On the returnless systems this is not possible. So, you need some way to provide fuel enrichment when the nitrous is injected.
That's what I was looking for. Thanks Mark! So it's going to be a little more complicated on these cars then. Thanks again! :beer:

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
That's what I was looking for. Thanks Mark! So it's going to be a little more complicated on these cars then. Thanks again! :beer:

Doesn't have to be! ;-)

MJ

Users who are viewing this thread