questions about my 95 cobra help please

Dntgtbit

Established Member
Okay here is the deal. I have a 95 cobra I supercharged a while back. Car runs great now, but like everyone I'm ready to make more power.
Car made 380 horse 390 tq to the wheels on 8 pounds of boost.
I want to make 500-550 horse . I know I could do that by upping the boost but I'd like to keep the boost as low as possible with the stock block. I bought a comp cams 284 hr blower cam I want to install. I was told by 2 machine shops the cam will work with my gt40 heads by just upgrading the springs. I want to know if that is true. I have read online that the cam is to big for gt40 heads. And do you have any other suggestions on what o could do to make some more power. I'm on a budget right now. By the time I get the cam in have the heads worked on and have it tuned I'm already close to budget. I know a better set of heads would help a lot but just can't afford them right now. Thanks guys hope to hear from you .

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
That cam will work better if the heads were ported or if you upgrade to aluminum heads. However, Id highly suggest checking piston to valve clearance to make sure.

Whats your fuel system upgrades? Whos tuning it?

Users who are viewing this thread