questions about engines

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
i blew my motor on the track...too many bolt ons i suppose. anyway i was looking at motors and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with johnny lightning and his motors.

blownsvt

Established Member
Haulin_05 said:
i blew my motor on the track...too many bolt ons i suppose. anyway i was looking at motors and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with johnny lightning and his motors.
i havent personally, but i know there are alot of people that are happy with them. i've never heard a complaint :beer:

Lightning28307

Established Member
I do not use JDM for much how ever everyone that has had a built motor had it done by them. It was pricy but it was done right.

I went the route similiar to yours lookig to save a buck O 5 and I am having some minor problems with my truck

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
ive heard both sides of it. i dont really have the time to wait on JDM to build it. i can get one from johnny within a few days. i am thinking that i will just be real clear with what i want when i order it and hopefully have no problems. from reading posts, it seems like people have been pleased with him, i have just heard a few horror stories. i sure dont want to throw another rod.

blownsvt

Established Member
Haulin_05 said:
ive heard both sides of it. i dont really have the time to wait on JDM to build it. i can get one from johnny within a few days. i am thinking that i will just be real clear with what i want when i order it and hopefully have no problems. from reading posts, it seems like people have been pleased with him, i have just heard a few horror stories. i sure dont want to throw another rod.
you may want to check out the f150online.com forums. there are more people over there with built motors than this site.

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
JLP is good but i see more people trusting JDM TALK TO Jim Jr. he will tell everything you whant to know.

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
Haulin_05 said:
does anyone know anything about sean hyland?
stay away from him

i have a jlp built engine in my truck. no complaints here, just broke as ussual. only reason i went with his engine is because a friend of mine had his truck done and i liked the service he got and the price and the performance.... plus i didnt have a first born child to give to jdm.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Sue and John are very nice people and you really can't beat his prices for motors, I have talked to everyone there is it seems. I was going to go with him but just found a way to go local and a little cheaper-not cheap just cheaper. JLP is the only one it seems who hasn't let his rep go to his head when it comes to motors and prices. My .02.

Users who are viewing this thread