Questions about buying a 87-93 notch or lx

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
I'm looking for a project because I sold my 03 sonic blue back in sept 2013 and I need something to keep busy. I'm coming across of a lot of auto cars and I found a 4cyl swap to a v8. My question is how safe is it buying a swapped 4cyl to v8. How easy is a auto to t5 swap. Also thinking of doing a 351w or mod motor. Thanks for any feedback.

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
It's not a hard swap at all. Especially if they had a donor car to swap everything. Check the rear to make sure they swapped to a 8.8. Also look at the brakes and spindles to see if they did a 5.0 brake swap. Check the body for the typical things. Foxes are bad for rusting on the trunk lid and clear peeling.

Auto to t5 swap isn't hard at all. Biggest part was doing the clutch pedal and cable. Putting a 351 in isn't hard at all foxes love swaps lol just put a 331 stroker in my buddies on 2 days. Pulled the old 5.0 threw the new crate motor in. 6al box, long tubes, full bolt ons, new transmission to and a 100 shot :rockon:

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
Thanks for the info. I plan to get a 03 terminator in the future but I really want a fox body because my first was a 1986 gt.

Users who are viewing this thread