Questions about Bad bad ticket while under Supervision

Status
Not open for further replies.

SinisterSHO

Machine of Hate
Established Member
Short history, about four months ago I get pulled over for speeding [51/30], and I also got a ticket for tinted windows. Since the speeding ticket was more than 20 over, my fine was to be $95, but since I got the tint also, I was required to go to court. Went to court and the judge gave me court supervision for six months. Which ended up costing me $214, but saved my license.

Fast forward to today. I'm on my way home from my friends house on a country road. And I ran out most of third gear, and I came over the top of a hill to see an unmarked squad, but I knew it was becasue I could see the lights and the antennas. I see him brake, and I down shift to slow down as I knew I was getting pulled over. He stops me and he states he saw 84 buck locked in 82, so he gave me the ticket for 82. Now, this wouldn't have been so bad had it been a normal country road with a speed limit of 55, but it does have some houses near by, so it was 45.

Now, being that I am on supervision, if I hadn't gotten a ticket the two previous would have been off my record in november. Now, I belive that both of them will show up on my record, plus the current one. Buuut, I believe that the new one is wreckless driving because it was more than 30 over the limit.

Is there anything I can do? Or should I just call a lawyer and hope he can do something for me?

I dont know if it matters, but both of these tickets were in different counties, but the first two were issued by a state trooper, the one today was by a county cop.

Last edited:

Lawman85

Banned
You should get rid or your car and start walking.... you shouldn't be driving anyway... 84 in a 45?? You would have gone to jail here.

JimBowy

306ci's
Established Member
SinisterSHO said:
Short history, about four months ago I get pulled over for speeding [51/30], and I also got a ticket for tinted windows. Since the speeding ticket was more than 20 over, my fine was to be $95, but since I got the tint also, I was required to go to court. Went to court and the judge gave me court supervision for six months. Which ended up costing me $214, but saved my license.

Fast forward to today. I'm on my way home from my friends house on a country road. And I ran out most of third gear, and I came over the top of a hill to see an unmarked squad, but I knew it was becasue I could see the lights and the antennas. I see him brake, and I down shift to slow down as I knew I was getting pulled over. He stops me and he states he saw 84 buck locked in 82, so he gave me the ticket for 82. Now, this wouldn't have been so bad had it been a normal country road with a speed limit of 55, but it does have some houses near by, so it was 45.

Now, being that I am on supervision, if I hadn't gotten a ticket the two previous would have been off my record in november. Now, I belive that both of them will show up on my record, plus the current one. Buuut, I believe that the new one is wreckless driving because it was more than 30 over the limit.

Is there anything I can do? Or should I just call a lawyer and hope he can do something for me?

I dont know if it matters, but both of these tickets were in different counties, but the first two were issued by a state trooper, the one today was by a county cop.

stop speeding, :nono: next! :loser:

(and good luck, maybe a lawyer can help you out)

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Well you screwed the pooch on your supervision. So, I am sure those tickets will be reinstated plus the new ones.

As far as what you can do, there are a few things. First I would get a very good lawyer that is well known in that local area and by that judge. Second, I would take an online defensive driving class. Third, stop driving!

Good Luck

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
Plead your for just the wreckless op to be dropped. You're going to have to just suck it up with the 3 other ticekts. You do not want a wreckless to be on your record.!

SinisterSHO

Machine of Hate
Established Member
Finally finished with this, thought I would give you guys an update.

Got a Lawyer, and he happened to know the states attorney from school. But, she didn't want to lower the speed. And wanted to convict me and give me a $250 fine. We contiuned the court dates past my supervison, so I wasn't on supervision when I was convicted. The states attorney finally agreed to amend the ticket to 29 over, and I have to pay $275. She almost didn't agree to it because she didn't realize how fast i was going. But, I still have my license, I just cant get another ticket. But yes, I have slowed down. Alot. Winter and snow tires help.

EVLSVT

Banned
Honestly... you guys have to stop giving people such a hard time here LOL Every time someone posts that they got a ticket or anything, its always TERMINAL and ends up totally fine almost 90% of the time... just an abservation

Last edited by a moderator:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
EVLSVT said:
Honestly... you guys have to stop giving people such a hard tmie here LOL Every time someone posts that they got a ticket or anything, its always TERMINAL and ends up totally fine almost 90% of the time... just an abservation

What is an abservation?

I guess my definition of "fine" differs greatly from yours!

Last edited:

TERMN8U

Established Member
**Removed by Moderator**

Please read the guidelines for this forum and follow them.

Another outburst of stupidity like this will be followed with your being banned!

Last edited by a moderator:

WDW MKR

Established Member
While the guy was certainly in the wrong and deserved his tickets, what makes him so evil? Who on this board has ran out 2nd or 3rd gear on a back country road? He got the ticket, paid his dues, and looks as though he wisened up a little bit. We all do it. It's not like he was doing a 120mph drift though a school bus loading zone while drinking a beer and giving every kid the finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread