Question's about assualt charges.

Lightning Kid

Lightning Addict
Established Member
I stopped off after work at a fast food restaurant that I used to work at to talk to some friends that still worked there and get a sandwich. Unfortunately for me there were two drunks inside who were yelling at another employee, when they pulled out in their vehicle they hit my truck and they drove off. They later (5 to 10 minutes) came back to try to give me money so I wouldn't call the police, when I tried to take a picture of his license plate he hit me twice in the face. Then he drove off again.

I have three witnesses who back me up and his smashed taillight on the ground (from hitting my truck), but no video of the incident. I called the police and filed a report and everything right away, but I was wondering if any police on these boards could tell me what’s next and what he can/might be charged with, when/if he gets caught, and if there is anything else I need to do. Thanks.

Last edited:

jshen

Established Member
Well for starters you have a criminal hit & run and battery on you. Make sure your witnesses write or give taped statements that you can supply police. Technically, since this happened to you, you can secure criminal warrants for the guys arrest but I prefer the police doing it- but you have get them to act fact. The officer taking the report should have followed up with a trip to guy's house. Did he? What was done with the physical evidence at the scene- the tailight? I hope somebody saved it.

Lightning Kid

Lightning Addict
Established Member
The police picked up the tail light, and took statements from the witnesses. They also took pictures of my face(and hands) and I think of my truck. The cops found the guy and arrested him after he tried to run from them sometime this morning. They also found a page of my notebook in his car.

Last edited:

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
Its pretty much up to the courts now.Im assuming they charged him on your behalf with the matters you mentioned???you didnt mention going to take out charges yourself,so you should have been notified or get a subpoena to go to court.If you havent,follow up with the investigating officer.Seems you have a solid case

Lightning Kid

Lightning Addict
Established Member
Its pretty much up to the courts now.Im assuming they charged him on your behalf with the matters you mentioned???you didnt mention going to take out charges yourself,so you should have been notified or get a subpoena to go to court.If you havent,follow up with the investigating officer.Seems you have a solid case

Well I went to the police station in the morning to see if it was a page from my notebook, they then told me they would charge him with assault and hit and run. They also said that I would be contacted by detectives later in the week. I'm guessing all I can/should do now until I am contacted is file an insurance claim?

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
Yeah,notify your insurance also.You should have gotten something with a report/file number in order to file the hit and run.If you dont hear anything from the detects when you were told you would,call them

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
Sounds like a shitty night man. What part of Texas are you in???
Hope things work out for the best and that piece of trash spends some time in the slammer for being an ignorant bastard!!!

Lightning Kid

Lightning Addict
Established Member
Sounds like a shitty night man. What part of Texas are you in???
Hope things work out for the best and that piece of trash spends some time in the slammer for being an ignorant bastard!!!

I live in what is supposed to be the safest town in north Texas. Unfortunatly his insurance company is a POS and is trying to get out of paying. I just wish I got a good hit on him, now going into my truck is a nice heavy flashlight...

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I live in what is supposed to be the safest town in north Texas. Unfortunatly his insurance company is a POS and is trying to get out of paying. I just wish I got a good hit on him, now going into my truck is a nice heavy flashlight...

Well don't settle for less that your full expenses. Once the perp(s) are convicted his insurance will have no choice.

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
You could also sue in civil court to recover any out of pocket expenses for repairs or medical bills.

Users who are viewing this thread