Questions about a Bi-Xenon Hi/Lo HID kit from DDM Tuning

milleniumgt

Established Member
Okay guys, I think I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a dual beam/Bi-xenon HID headlight kit. Right now as it stands I'm looking at the DDM Tuning kit. The 9007 hi/lo kit, 35w, and 8000k because I want a slight blue to them. I've spent quite a few hours searching this forum looking for answers I have and have yet to find them. So I figured I'd ask directly and maybe someone who has this kit can chime in. On their website, it asks if I need mounting brackets? HID harness(dual in, dual out)? Error eliminator? And adapter cables(I'm sure that's a no). Is there anything special that I need to get with these kits to make it work right? This is my first HID kit, so I'm very new to this. Is there something I need to get also that works the hi/lo function on the bulbs? And also I know that someone had a write-up on here for those kits, but I can't find it either. Thanks for the help guys, I'm looking to order them this weekend.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
No need for mounting brackets or error eliminators. Recommend that you do NOT get the relay harness - I used one plug and play as directed from DDM (not blaming them just saying) and a short occurred somewhere causing my factory harness to get smoked. You have the option of hiding the ballasts and extra wiring as you wish with either zip ties or double sided tape. I would just recommend you keep them away from factory plastic areas as they will get quite warm. FWIW, I have the 6k fog and headlights and they have a slight blue. I believe you may experience a "quite blue" look with the DDM 8k but that's just my opinion.

Tractionless1

Established Member

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
^^ In regards to their warranty, I am local to them and had to have two of their ballasts swapped right out of the box. Because I was face to face with them, they literally hooked my ballasts up to a tester which proved them defective and they swapped on the spot; however, they have bins after bins of defective crap sitting in their warehouse. I am tuned into the LED thread to see if that pans out. If so I will be swapping.
Day time shot - DDM 6K all around
erleok.jpg

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
^^ In regards to their warranty, I am local to them and had to have two of their ballasts swapped right out of the box. Because I was face to face with them, they literally hooked my ballasts up to a tester which proved them defective and they swapped on the spot; however, they have bins after bins of defective crap sitting in their warehouse. I am tuned into the LED thread to see if that pans out. If so I will be swapping.
Day time shot - DDM 6K all around
erleok.jpg

Like you said you were face to face but when it's through the mail and you can't be there to force the issue there has been lots of problems reported.

spdfrkaby

Established Member
I've used them numerous times and never had an issue. Although I have not used a HI/LO combo.

If you go with a projector housing you would only need the one setting. I've used 55W and 35W from DDM and prefer the 35W. If you do go the "correct" HID projector route you will most likely need to wire a one way switch from the high beam power wire to the low beam wire. I had to do it to my Dodge RAM as the low beam wire controlled the HID bulb and the high beam wire controlled the solenoid that dropped down. Once the high beam was on and the low beam shut off...complete darkness. Just an FYI.

Also 8K will be pretty blue. I usually stick with 6K which also has a slight blueish tint. Supposedly anything over 5K and you start getting less and less light. The higher the number, technically the darker and less light you will get in front of the car. Doing a retrofit isn't that hard, just need some patience. It would also be easier if you purchased an aftermarket headlight housing as those are usually easier to pry apart when baked compared to the OEM housing.

A good place for projectors is retrofit light source.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread