questions about 2.9 175HP1 vs W175hp1 whipple supercharger s

James Palanza

Established Member
Hey guys, I recently picked up a used 175HP1 6-1243 2.9 whipple. Seems to be like ZERO info on the internet about this thing. Does anyone know how much boost its capable of? I thought it was a newer one but they are the W157hp's and I have no idea the differences. Will it still put out 25 lbs of boost?

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Hey guys, I recently picked up a used 175HP1 6-1243 2.9 whipple. Seems to be like ZERO info on the internet about this thing. Does anyone know how much boost its capable of? I thought it was a newer one but they are the W157hp's and I have no idea the differences. Will it still put out 25 lbs of boost?
Give whipple a call tomorrow. Provide the serial number on the blower to them, and they should be able to help.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

99cobra302

Established Member
I 100% realize this is a super old thread. But I ran into the same issue as the OP. I bought a car with what I believe to be the same model of blower as him and there was next to no info on it. Except this thread, which is the 1st thing to pop up when doing a Googly search.

The numbering on mine is 175HP1 6-1411

Whipple told me it was originally sold as a Gen2 2.9L Crusher kit for the 03/04 Cobra. It is capable of up to 30lbs of boost.

Hopefully this helps out someone in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread