Questions about 03 04 bumper and 99-01 hood

Boostlag

Darth Vader Status
Established Member
I have a 03 04 cobra front bumper that I want to put on. But ive noticed a few guys that put them on,and leave the factory hood on,it hits the top of the bumper where the two "forks" are. Is there any way I can prevent this from happening? like shaving the inside of the hood down some?? Eventually I will get a heat extractor hood,but I just wanted to put the bumper on sometime soon.

Also,I have the front bumper,and the fog light bezels. Do I need any type of brackets to ge the fog lights to mount to the bezels?? I see the ebay fog lights all the time,will those work?? thanks!

- chris

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Assuming you have an OEM front, it won't work great with the 99/01 hood. I've read the knock off 03/04 fronts will work with the 99/01 hood. Save for the extractor and put on both.

VtekII

Established Member
i have the stock hood on my 01 with an 03 front i just pushed the tabs as far bak as they can go and drilled 2 new holes. it barely touches, not enough the rub hard on the paint or anything. i have all new OEM parts, so everything fit good

Boostlag

Darth Vader Status
Established Member
i have the stock hood on my 01 with an 03 front i just pushed the tabs as far bak as they can go and drilled 2 new holes. it barely touches, not enough the rub hard on the paint or anything. i have all new OEM parts, so everything fit good

ahh,I dont really like that Idea too much. hmmm,I guess ill be saving for a heat extractor.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member

that's the way I did it with mine. fits good, the hood doesn't hit the bumper at all.

I actually like the look of the 03 front with the 99-01 hood and not everyone has it

Users who are viewing this thread