question???

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i'm taking my car to the dyno on monday. currently i have the factory h-pipe with the cats cut off. i was wondering if it would be beneficial to put on my offroad bassani x-pipe. i like the sound of it now and i'm not sure how the x-pipe will sound but if it frees up some extra hp then i'm game. also, anything i need to do/check on the car before i go. i got a tune up about a year ago and they are putting on a new fuel filter right before my dyno tune. one last thing, they mentioned using a diablo chip to tune my car. did they make a diablo compatible with my 97? sorry for all the questions.

svtcobralover

Established Member
Definetly put the x-pipe, I picked up a good amount when I did mine. And if your car feels like its running smooth, than you are good to go.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
the x pipe is good for a few more hp, so it is worth the hour or 2 on your back putting it on, also the diablo is like the sct one, they make a tuner for our cars, but we do not have all the computer tuning abilities like the 99-04 computers have, we are limited to certain things, but our cars can be tuned by that....so you are good to go, alos as long as your plugs have been done, and the spark plug wires and coils are in good shape then you should be all set

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
thanks. well he's charging me $350 for the chip and then he's going to charge me $250 for the dyno tune which he said should take a couple of hours so i think i got an ok deal.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Oh hell no the OR X + Mac mufflers is amazing... but I'm biased :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread