Question

luvgun74

Established Member
Anyonne have an idea as to what the purpose of the piece of plastic is for in the driver door jamb? As im getting out of the car i notice as i open my door a clear piece of plastic almost folded in two in the doorjamb. WTF is it's purpose or has anyone noticed this? Just a little curious. :shrug:

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Anyonne have an idea as to what the purpose of the piece of plastic is for in the driver door jamb? As im getting out of the car i notice as i open my door a clear piece of plastic almost folded in two in the doorjamb. WTF is it's purpose or has anyone noticed this? Just a little curious. :shrug:

hmmm, pic would be helpful:shrug:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

Drivers door only? Maybe a thin piece of clear plastic that was supposed to be removed during the dealer prep?

If this piece^^^^fits the discription, "usually" most new cars have a thin piece of plastic on the lower portion of the door panel to protect the panel from shoe marks as the drivers of the car move it between the assy. line and the dealership sales floor. The cars are moved to a storage lot after assy., then loaded onto a transporter, then unloaded, then driven to the "clean-up" area. Toe/shoe marks can easliy get on the drivers door panel with these many drivers entering and exiting the car. This plastic protects the door panel from shoe scuffs.<<<If this is what you are talking about.....:shrug:

R

luvgun74

Established Member
well the piece is where the door hinges are, just below. I've thought about just pulling it out as it looks like nothing to be honest but i have about the same luck as chuckstang LOL No offense chuck :dancenana:

Users who are viewing this thread