Question

SVT_2000Contour

Unloading it in your GF!
Established Member
When coming to a stop, clutch in. The engine revs all the way down to about 100rpms and just about dies. The battery light comes on when this happens. However the engine will catch its self and the rpms will return to normal rev.
Question: Is there a sensor that is going bad that might be causing this?

Thanks

HTPerformance

Something similar has happened to me, but the battery light never came on.

Have you had a new tune, or the Ford reflash? This might remedy it.

I am going to get a tune in the spring.

-Brian

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Before I got my tune my engine would do something similar to this. If the engine was turning 2,000+rpms and I pushed in the clutch, the revs would drop very fast and sometimes stall the engine. Sometimes it would 'catch' itself at 100/200rpm's, and then would come back up to normal idle speed.

Haven't noticed it since I installed Hypnotic's Tune. :rockon:

Last edited:

03SVTF

@10psi
Established Member
Make sure that you don't have any loose connections to the battery. I unhooked my battery already and then I apparently did not tighten it good enough when i replaced it and I experienced a similar problem when pulling to a stop. I'd make sure that isn't the problem so you don't look like an idiot (like me) if you ever do decide to take it in to the dealer.

a64armt

Established Member
I am not too familiar with the architechure of the fuel injection system on the Focus, but on my 5.4 Exped, I had vaccum line problems, more specifically, on the EGR valve the vaccum lines were the cause. The RPM drop that far when coming to a stop, sounds like a vaccum problem, possibly a MAF sensor issue, but I would inspect all vaccum lines before replacing the O2 sensors.
Vincent

Daeron

Established Member
Actually, that is a pretty common problem. About the only fix for it is an aftermarket tune it seems because no one can really pinpoint what actually is the cause (I blame it on Bill Gates myself for trying to get his greedy hands into the car business).

Sleeper_HB

I'll own one someday.
Established Member
so an aftermarket tune usally fixes this problem? been haveing the same problem lately. i have been saving for a new tune anyway

Users who are viewing this thread