question with the mach 460 system

6spd

Established Member
hey guys ive been doing some reading and unfortunetly ive learned that the mach460 system isnt the best system to play around with when it comes to aftermarket "add ons".

i was just wondering a few things, the other day i got some MTX 6x9s for realllllly cheap....problem is that their 4ohm and from what ive read the mach460 wont really work with it for more than 20mins till it overheats....

so my first question is .... can i buy a seperate amp to power those speakers and run it through the stock head unit? what would i need to make this work?

and my second question is regarding what ive read about 2ohm resistors...i heard if you add 2ohm resistors to the 4ohm speakers the system should work? would it work? or would they just sound the same as the stockers?

thanks, and thank you ford for making such a pain in the ass sound system!:cuss:

Jack32v

Slow Lane..
Established Member
From what I have been told its better to just either stick with it or go complete aftermarket, For me the stock system is ok for now

SVTContique

Can the system use aftermarket HU or does that even mess up everything?

The sound on my Mach system is awesome, i just wish i could plug in my ipod directly instead of using the FM transmitter i use.

mustangkid05

Established Member
i have an aftermarket HU and subs, the thing with the head unit is its not like a normal radio you have to buy a different wiring harness, so i just got everything professionally installed

Jack32v

Slow Lane..
Established Member
Khameleon said:
Can the system use aftermarket HU or does that even mess up everything?

The sound on my Mach system is awesome, i just wish i could plug in my ipod directly instead of using the FM transmitter i use.

I bought a set up thru mp3yourcar.com and I have the full stock system...After instalation plug it into the bottom of the ipod and enjoy...it also will charge your i pod too...:beer:

SVTContique

AntiPD32v said:
I bought a set up thru mp3yourcar.com and I have the full stock system...After instalation plug it into the bottom of the ipod and enjoy...it also will charge your i pod too...:beer:

That rocks, im going to check it out.

Like i said, the stock system is fine enough for me. It's plenty loud.

SVTContique

just checked it out...

The one they have is just the monster FM transmitter.

I want a real one that plugs into the Head unit and gets digital quality sound.

Allanon

SVT Druid
Established Member
Khameleon said:
just checked it out...

The one they have is just the monster FM transmitter.

I want a real one that plugs into the Head unit and gets digital quality sound.
You will need to go with an aftermarket HU for that. You can do it as long as you use the proper device that will limit the output from the new HU so it doesn't overpower the stock speakers (since the factory amps are still running also) Crutchfield.com sells them for $29 with the purchase of a new HU, iirc.

Users who are viewing this thread