Question regarding 2011 gt noise

2k3Mach

Established Member
2011 Mustang GT makes a noise turning wheel to right. I know I know don't turn right! !! Sometimes ya just gotta turn to the right.

I believe the noise is the bottom of spring where it's sitting on the strut and rubs/moves when turning (initially only made noise some time on brakes). Do these have an isolator that splits easily or something? The car has had lower control arms replaced under Warr 6-8 mo ago due to noise and brakes ground/cleaned which never fixed the noise issue. Ford told me I'd have to replace all brake hardware to fix. Now it is happening as I turn steering wheel to right. Car sounds 30 yr old at the moment and it's sickening.

Any advice and/or upgrades?

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I'm pretty sure there's a TSB out for that. Might want to take it back to the dealer and have them check it out again.

2k3Mach

Established Member
I will give them a call and find out if they will fix it. Know what the tsb was for exactly? They did replace lower control arms under tsb. And what did they do for the tsb, just replace isolators? Thanks

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
The tsb was for control arms. People were experiencing popping while moving slowly in parking lots, turning, over pumps etc.

You should check the 2011+ section for more information.

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
I will give them a call and find out if they will fix it. Know what the tsb was for exactly? They did replace lower control arms under tsb. And what did they do for the tsb, just replace isolators? Thanks

2k3Mach,

I agree with the other posters. I recommend having your dealer take a look and see what the diagnosis is. If you still need help after that, let me know!

Ashley

Users who are viewing this thread