question on warranty

BlueDevil63

Established Member
I have recently been experiencing a pretty serious steering wheel shake on braking. Not sure yet whether it is an alignment issue, warped rotor or EPAS problem. As you can see from my signature my car has a number of mods. I want to take it in to the dealer to check it out and hopefully fix it under warranty. First question is whether my mods are likely to result in a warranty refusal even though they have nothing to do with the brakes or steering? Second is whether I should remove the engine mods and reflash back to the factory tune before taking it in? That would be a big pain and I don't know why they would be doing anything with the PCM but I am not sure.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Well depends on how many miles you have on your car, if it has more than 10k on it they probably won't help you under warranty. Just remember they will test drive the car if you take it to the dealer. but you never know they may cover it

mullens

Established Member
If it's a warranty issue, they have to connect the failure with your mods in order to deny it. The only thing I see in your sig that would remotely apply would be your suspension mods, and even that would be a stretch. From your symptoms it's probably your rotors, which wouldn't be covered anyway. Doesn't hurt to take it in but I wouldn't go through the trouble of removing all the mods.

Users who are viewing this thread