Question on Warranty

voodoo96743

Established Member
No, unless the dealer can shomehow prove your catback caused the problem you are trying to get fixed. As long as it is installed with a little common sense (keep the pipes away from gas tank, fuel lines, etc) it should be fine.

Tomcat427

I know I need a cage :)
Established Member
Originally posted by Wanna Cobra
hey guys,

i was wondering if i added a magna flow exhaust system

would that void the warranty??

thanks

Anthony
:beer:

Depends on your dealer, or the dealer you have to take the car too if you are not close to home.

My dealer thought it was really cool seeing the Hooker Super Comp Long Tubes (JetHot coated) on there. I also have the matching off-road x-pipe (he didn't mention that) with a MAC cat-back with 3 1/2" Chrome tips. My warranty work, bad 02 sensor, went just fine. Heck, he even put in the T-56 for me. But remember, if you are going to play be prepared to pay.

Good Luck in your decision.:thumbsup:

351c.i.d

Flame me will ya?
Established Member
I agree with Tomcat. It depends on the dealer.
I was setup to go take my mach in for the head "tick" and I wanted to make sure that the magnaflow I was about to install wasn't going to void the warranty, and his answer was a dead straight "yes, any aftermarket parts will void the warranty" He wasn't specific as to whether it voided a specific part or just the entire warranty in itself. So I called the dealership I actually bought it from and they said that "after a diagnostic if it is proved that the aftermarket part caused the actual failure itself, than the warranty for that part of the car is voided." Which made me feel alot better.
My guess is that your warranty for the exhaust could be voided. If you bring it in for rearend problems and they see aftermarket exhaust on and turn into the Warranty Nazi "NO WARRANTY FOR YOU!!!!!" than they are being pricks and you have the right to fight it.
My 02 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread