Question on upgrading Mach 460 head unit

cobra_matt

Established Member
I want to get a navigation, satelite radio, iPod ready head unit and I narrowed it down to the Kenwood DNX5120: http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertainment/Mobile_Video_n_Navigation/Navigation/DNX5120. My question is can I install this with a simple harness in my 04 Cobra? Or will I have to make modifications to the stereo system? I do not know much about stereos but I've been reading around and it sounds like the Mach 460 system is not easy to upgrade, but correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks for any responses.

mason01

Established Member
Last edited:

cobra_matt

Established Member
Cool, thanks for the info. Do you still have the stocker speakers? If so, how do they sound now compared to when you had the stock head unit? Some people say that the sound quality goes down once you install a new unit with the Mach 460 system, and others say it improves so I was wondering what your experience has been like. Thanks again.

mason01

Established Member
I didn't have the mach 460, I had the lowest version so I can't tell you about sound quality or loudness. For me the change was a noticeable increase in sound quality tho

*If you use that harness I posted, It keeps the mach 460 amps and should keep sound quality good. I think people who lose sound quality are the ones that wire around the mach amps

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread