Question on tuning

svtpolice

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Hey guys, I usually try and do research on this before creating a thread. However being the search function is broken, I figured I would post this.

I will be doing some minor mods:
Handheld
Thermostat
H/E
Intake
TB
X or H Pipe
Maybe an Axle back just for sound
Maybe a pulley
And of course obviously TIRES! LOL!!

She just gets driven on the weekend and I really only get on it once in a while. I just want her a little more responsive in the throttle and running cooler.

Question is with these minor mods. Who is the tuner to go with. Now I realize its a matter of opinion and everyone has had a problem with someone at some point.

So, is it just a matter of opinion kind of thing? It looks like Lundt and VMP are the main ones correct?

Ive tried to contact both, but cant seem to get anyone on the phone.

If this question will cause drama, please message me and give me your thoughts. I don't want to start a war.

Thanks guys.

ZeroSVT

Established Member
Lund, VMP, and Juggernaut Power are all industry leading tuners.

I don't have a number for Lund or VMP, but you can reach JP at (978) 387-1666

Cheers,
-Matt

MADRUSSIAN

GET FAST OR DIE TRYING!
Established Member
With those light mods, I probably would go with Lund.....they got those combos figured out to the t. They will send you start up can tune, you will data log it and they will send you a revised tune IF it needed. Like I said, with those mods I pretty positive they will get your shit on point with one tune. If you ever upgrade to bigger blower or add nitrous, you won't have to pay for the whole new tune, you will add some money and they will send you new tune

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
With those light mods, I probably would go with Lund.....they got those combos figured out to the t. They will send you start up can tune, you will data log it and they will send you a revised tune IF it needed. Like I said, with those mods I pretty positive they will get your shit on point with one tune. If you ever upgrade to bigger blower or add nitrous, you won't have to pay for the whole new tune, you will add some money and they will send you new tune

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

VMP is exactly the same :)
Between those two it boils down to who you prefer, you can't go wrong with either.

Mainn

Established Member
If you can't reach us by phone, you can use the support links on the website, or PM me on here and I'll be happy to help where I can.

As you've said...those mods are relatively minor compared to other setups around. Having done hundreds of these cars, BJ and Justin have these tunes perfected for the majority of cars. Tunes are updated for free for mods purchased from us in the future, too.

Any questions, feel free to PM. :)

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
I've been running on a VMP tune with my current GT500. Seems a little richer than my dyno tuned previous GT500. I ordered a Lund tune this winter, to test along side the VMP tune at the next track day.

Users who are viewing this thread