question on torque converters....which one

02_lightning_NP

Air Assault
Established Member
I'm getting my tranny rebuilt this weekend cause its shot and im getting a damn good deal and i want to upgrade my torque converter because soon i'll be going with trick flow heads and stage 3 cams if i have it my way but i have no clue what stall converter i need, i read some stage 2's need at least a 2500+ stall but i have no clue what any of that really means. also if i go with a 2500+ stall converter how would that affect me until i put the new heads and cams in? Will i still be able to drive my L until then...

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
Most folks go with a 24-2600, I opted for a 2800. Still very streetable. I got the PI, it took about 3 days to arrive from Tenn., but I'm in FL.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
i had a JLP spec'd PI in my truck was around a 2400 stall... i didnt even notice i had one till i tried to lay into it from a dead stop... the RPM's jumped and makes alot of smoke

_XXX_

Established Member
Call PI and talk to them... they will make a custom setup for your truck, mods, and what you want out of it.

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
I have that same set-up ordered as we speak (motor-wise)... I will be going with a 2400.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I ran a 2600 stall in my truck when I still had a pulley and bolt ons. It dropped my ET by 3 tenths. It's a must IMO. Now I run a custom 3500 stall PI converter with the turbo.

Users who are viewing this thread