Question on SCT Tune

ShadowGT

Established Member
I went to get my 04 Mach 1 tune/dyno'd today, mods are Kooks longtubes, Kooks x pipe, SLP catback, PHP Spacer, and JLT RAI, the Mach was on the dyno for about an hour and drives great, my only question is my speedo and rpms are off. To be honest it seems like I put 4.10s in the car, lost at least 10mph in second gear and it now redlines at 60mph in second instead of 70mph etc. The Mach was tuned to 6500rpm not the 6800rpm limit but would this really affect this this much? I know my 18s would not have an affect on this either. At highway speeds my rpms are up 300 to 400rpms and the speedo is off as well. I still have the stock 3.55s in the car. Let me know what you guys think :shrug:

Last edited:

Shackleford

Established Member
What's the question? Use the tuner to fix your speedo... What size tires do you have? You should be able to see what it's set at and change it without messing with your tune (tire size setting)... Did the tuner say he changed the tire size in the tune?

And do you mean the rev limiter is set to 6500? Just curious as to why...

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
What's the question? Use the tuner to fix your speedo... What size tires do you have? You should be able to see what it's set at and change it without messing with your tune (tire size setting)... Did the tuner say he changed the tire size in the tune?

And do you mean the rev limiter is set to 6500? Just curious as to why...

+1

I think what he means is the dyno was cut off at 6500.

sparksmach1

Established Member
I went to get my 04 Mach 1 tune/dyno'd today, mods are Kooks longtubes, Kooks x pipe, SLP catback, PHP Spacer, and JLT RAI, the Mach was on the dyno for about an hour and drives great, my only question is my speedo and rpms are off. To be honest it seems like I put 4.10s in the car, lost at least 10mph in second gear and it now redlines at 60mph in second instead of 70mph etc. The Mach was tuned to 6500rpm not the 6800rpm limit but would this really affect this this much? I know my 18s would not have an affect on this either. At highway speeds my rpms are up 300 to 400rpms and the speedo is off as well. I still have the stock 3.55s in the car. Let me know what you guys think :shrug:

maybe they snuck some 4:10's in there for ya?? :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread