Question on reservoir tanks

GT500EA

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
So, I bought the Moroso tanks with the large mouth intercooler tank and fuel cell type cap. I've read a couple of posts here and there about people having problems with the intercooler tank overflowing once heated up. I searched for more threads about this problem but came up empty, so my question is, is this an issue that I'm going to come across and have to go buy a regular screw on tank, or am I going to be okay?

Also, one other question...after I do the tanks, will the system need to be pressurized? I'm only going to remove the fluid out of the tanks. Reason why I ask is because when I did my 03 Cobra years back, I had to get the system pressurized. Thanks.

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
I have the MORSO intercooler tank and I've never had a problem with it. Most likely, those who had overflow problem had air pockets trapped in the system.
The system does get pressurized, not as high as the engine coolant tank though.

GT500EA

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
Awesome, did yours pressurize by itself with no problems or did you take it to Ford to get pressurized. I'm only removing the fluid from the tanks, so I think I should be okay by just drawing out the coolant, replacing the tanks, and adding new coolant.....WITHOUT going to the dealership.

Another question, how far did you fill up both tanks?

Users who are viewing this thread