Question on number Shelbys being built.

nate

Established Member
Ford stated earlier in the year that they would build as many Shelbys as they could sell. Now the way that they are doing the allocations, it seams that isn't the case. Why can't they just allow any dealer that wants one the ability to order it? If 10,000 people want one, what is the problem on providing the cars?

MaxTheTerrible

Established Member
Ford stated earlier in the year that they would build as many Shelbys as they could sell. Now the way that they are doing the allocations, it seams that isn't the case. Why can't they just allow any dealer that wants one the ability to order it? If 10,000 people want one, what is the problem on providing the cars?

I was actually wondering the same thing, hunting for my allocation (@ MSRP)... But maybe after the initial rush, dealers will come to their senses and start selling these cars at sticker or lower, but right now most ask anywhere from $5 to $20k over (at least around Boston). I sure wish that Ford would start giving away more allocations to dealers who actually delivered cars to buyers - that way, dealers who just sit on their +$20k over sticker cars will not get any extra.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Max- where in Boston are you?

I think Hameedi jumped the gun in saying "we'll build as many as people want" I preached the shit out of that at the beginning- but they've seemed to back off that.

At the current rate of build- there will probably be between 4000-4500 built for 2013.

I think parts constraints has held the numbers back.

However many of us here have paid MSRP or less- but many of us have travelled or had our cars shipped from far away.

Check out my thread on how not to pay an adm- its a little dated- but should still be helpful for you. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=831554

Last edited:

nate

Established Member
I had hoped to order one in November before the banks closed and I would be in a much better position to purchase one. Now I don't see that being a possibility the way the allocations are going.

farmboy90

Established Member
I had hoped to order one in November before the banks closed and I would be in a much better position to purchase one. Now I don't see that being a possibility the way the allocations are going.

Yeah, my guess is you would need to find one on a lot somewhere. But who knows.... What you should try to do is find a dealer who has a 4th quarter allocation. Then see how long they can sit on it before ordering. Some dealers have more knowledgeable Reps than others. The Reps know the quarter (and very often the month) that the allocation will get built. If you could find a dealer who has a 4th quarter allocation, and maybe even a November/December build, then you could put down your deposit and order the car.....

nate

Established Member
Yeah, my guess is you would need to find one on a lot somewhere. But who knows.... What you should try to do is find a dealer who has a 4th quarter allocation. Then see how long they can sit on it before ordering. Some dealers have more knowledgeable Reps than others. The Reps know the quarter (and very often the month) that the allocation will get built. If you could find a dealer who has a 4th quarter allocation, and maybe even a November/December build, then you could put down your deposit and order the car.....

That's a pretty good idea. Thanks for the info. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread